iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

News Rant

Started by SwampDonkey, February 05, 2008, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Recently, I noticed we don't have any local TV news at 6. It seems to be a feed from NS. Now I haven't anything against NS but those clowns in Fredericton have just given me another excuse to watch Presque Isle, Maine news. That's the only place I can get Carleton County news and weather. Just shows how we rate up here.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

I've been noticing the same thing. Now that you mention it, I hardly hear about anything that goes on in Carleton County.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

Well that's a good thing. Can't have all our secrets getting out.  :D 8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Just received an email today:

"We've managed to track down the problem.  Our main transmitter had its primary receive dish, the one that brings in the our main program feed, knocked out of alignment. Apparently a snow plow hit the support structure for this dish throwing it out of alignment.

When our transmitter loses it's main program feed, it automatically switches over to the back-up feed which is the CBC Nova Scotia feed. That's why you received the Nova Scotia supper show. "

Tom

Swamp Donkey,  .... Your main feed for the area is captured by a dish sitting beside the road in close proximity to the snow plow????

I have been sorely deceived.   I thought you lived somewhere.  :D :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Tom on February 06, 2008, 06:50:13 PM
Swamp Donkey,  .... Your main feed for the area is captured by a dish sitting beside the road in close proximity to the snow plow????

I have been sorely deceived.   I thought you lived somewhere.  :D :D

What was amazing to me Tom, is that setup up there on Bon Accord wouldn't see much more than one snow plow and one car a day. I'm not lying. :D

SwampDonkey

They need a new plow driver.  ;D

Mooseherder

Swamp Donkey
We get that Presque Isle news when we get our 3-4 stations when at the camp.
I feel sorry for you. :D

thecfarm

They have to blame it on someone.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!