The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: DR284 Mo 05/03 tornadoes  (Read 5421 times)

Offline L. Wakefield

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: DR284 Mo 05/03 tornadoes
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2003, 08:34:07 PM »
   So OK, do you happen to remember the site www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/soilmst/img/loop_wanom.gif  ?  :D

The reference to it was a long time ago- but it is very useful..I was looking at how wet Mo. seems right now and wondering where that fit with the tornadoes.

I don't get any great enlightenment, but I DID step back one and found the parent directory, which is functional (heh heh..)

That's always fun to do because of what you can find. So look at just www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/soilmst/img/  .

There are a lot more looks at the same data and you aren't confined to the loop (which moves too fast for my brain..). My primary interests are the fire danger and the crop implications, but..hmm..lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Offline L. Wakefield

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: DR284 Mo 05/03 tornadoes
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 08:28:10 AM »
   Safely home! Thank you all for your concern and good wishes.

The animals are doing well, the asparagus is up and so are the peas. Touring the perennials, I am thrilled to see that the goldenseal that had died back last year seems to be back!! Now to see if the ginseng comes up..

Maine has its own charm. Spring is dancing right now, and about time. The black flies, of course, are out..I have to give catnip oil a good trial this year as compared to DEET. I keep remembering it when I am already outside..well, the catnip itself is up, so I could try crushed leaf I suppose, just as we (ineffectively) use sweetfern (Comptonia peregrina I think that one is).

Most of my little transplants from WV have returned- calamus, mint, and squawweed. Sassafrass will have to wait til next time.. :)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
tornadoes

Started by Robert Long on General Board

0 Replies
Last post February 07, 2008, 08:47:54 AM
by Robert Long
xx
Now NZ is getting tornadoes

Started by Ianab on General Board

2 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 08:54:36 PM
by timerover51