iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Packer? anyone know anything about this?

Started by mahonda, January 22, 2010, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahonda

"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

Ed

Looks like a tow behind type of bunk skidder to me.
Similar to this, only you pull it.

http://www.tigercat.com/hi-res%20images/IMG_0504.jpg

Ed

mahonda

Yeah they made them in washington for awhile i think. i saw it at the logging show a long time ago just can't find if they still make it. I was thinking it would work really well with my 210 linkbelt and 622b waratah kinda a one machine logging outfit ya know. Just can't find any info on them thanks
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Maine372

those are designed to go behind a shovel logger for a makeshift clambunk skidder. seems like alot of wear on the undercarridge to me.

davidlarson

A thread like this one is a reason why I love the Forestry Forum.

David

captain_crunch

Check out Bobby the Swamp Logger he has one on a skidder with extra axle added to it
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Bobus2003

Quote from: captain_crunch on January 25, 2010, 11:26:34 PM
Check out Bobby the Swamp Logger he has one on a skidder with extra axle added to it

Yeah Bobby goodson has the Tigercat Clambunk With Boogie Axle.. Sweet Rig

Quote from: mahonda on January 22, 2010, 11:48:33 PM
Yeah they made them in washington for awhile i think. i saw it at the logging show a long time ago just can't find if they still make it. I was thinking it would work really well with my 210 linkbelt and 622b waratah kinda a one machine logging outfit ya know. Just can't find any info on them thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQzwiOySw5Y

That Unit is Pretty cool, Kinda what your talkin About

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stonebroke

Maine372

600-750k ish. depending on options. the tracks alone are probly 40k. the head could be that much again.

Jamie_C

Man i don't know how that machine would make enough to cover the payments. The cycle times per tree were quite high and all the lost bunching time when it was skidding to the road would add up in a hurry.

Maine372

thats stand isnt nearly as dense as JDI's spruce in NS. so he has to travel further to make a big enough bunch to pull. i dont think its built for being a do-it-all machine. but rather a machine that can fill in where its needed. if you need more wood on the ground it can do that, if you need more wood on the landing it can do that, if you need more loading capacity its not to hard to put a log grapple on the boom.

i havent seen to any for sale set up like that, so i dont think the idea really took off.

Thank You Sponsors!