iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Chapter TF weekend

Started by ljmathias, January 03, 2008, 06:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironstumper

Anyone reading this who might be interested, let me know.  We'll put out announcements a lot earlier next time, and hopefully have a place for participants to bunk-

LJ, I would be interested.Thanx Doug
Rom 8:19 Can't wait!!

Jim_Rogers

Well, I'm home now, after a long week in Mississippi....

I'm sorry I brought some cold weather down there with me..... I never did get into any shorts, but more than one day I was down to just a tank top....

Lon's place was great. A nice shop to work in despite the half roof, and running off an extension cord for power.

Lon's wonderful wife, keep us feed with cookies and brownies, as well as a few lunches and always coffee, and cold soft drinks.

Some of Lon's timbers gave us a challenge but understanding how to overcome these challenges is an important lesson.

Mistakes, especially my layout mistakes, just goes to show all that you have to check and double check all these things before you put a saw to the wood.

When, I'd say something wrong, and these fine "students" would catch me using the wrong term, or wrong name of the side of a timber, I'd say: "that was a test, and you just passed it!". We had a lot of tests and everyone passed.... ;D :D

And I must say, I have never taught a bunch of finer students than this bunch of "Southern Gentlemen."..........

I had a great time and I hope we can do it again......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

FrankLad

I was very keen on attending but it got to the point on our house where I was staying up until 2 AM trying to finish before the construction loan went up.  Stressful time, that was.

Well, it has since been completed so I'm FREE for the next class.  ...and I SURE hope there'll be another one.

Really enjoyed reading through the posts, and seeing the pictures of you guys learning and working.

P.S.  We live in Poplarville - not far below Purvis -  so we would perhaps be able to provide space in our new house for a participant or two during the next workshop.

Thank You Sponsors!