iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here comes the weather

Started by Woodchuck53, April 10, 2011, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodchuck53

Hello to the North. Hope you boys have hunkered down for the next 36 hrs. Stay safe.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

SwampDonkey

How far north? :D It's warm and sunny and touching 60 F up here. ;D

About time, it's been sunny enough but cold. Haven't had any fire here all day.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodchuck53

They said that a good breeze is going to blow thru with a few of them land based water spouts. Somewhere around the midwest to the east. I used that as a promp for the wife to clip the yard Rye grass for me before I get home. That's a good woman.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Magicman

This storm should slide North of me.  We have really been lucky lately and dodged the wind.  I have had a few limbs down on the tree farm, but nothing major.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Well, the phone line was all staticy causing my modem to go off line about 20 times or more today around supper and now. The lights and also the radio station had interference. Well, then it hit. A thunderstorm accompanied by a minor cloud burst. Storm is all done for now I guess.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodchuck53

MM glad to here ya'll weathered okay. I work with a couple guys from your neck of the woods and they were worried about the wind. The way the weather channel talked about it I thought it was going to be bad and extend way up the country. We did get a good rain out of it in Pineville the wife said. A few limbs fell is all so for.

The house addition looks good. Got a question for you. A building I purchased to tear down has 4000 cinder blocks in it. Is .50 a pc. good for this sort of thing. The 400' of tin and c-purlain is what I bought but I thought maybe I could resale them if the price was good. The people who layed them up must of used real dry motar because they come apart real easy. I need some of them but I'm not expected to remove them from the site.

Did you have to have a termite certificate to build the addition? Stay safe Chuck

Magicman

Chuck,  We dodged yesterday's storm also.  New blocks are about $1.40 each, so I would have gladly paid 50ยข.  You would never free mine from the mortar because I'm adding a scoop of Portland cement to each batch.

Thanks, I am not required to have any certification or permits for anything.  It is 100% DIY.  I will lay 12" galvanized flashing between the foundation blocks and the bands/joists for termite control.  With the complete chain wall, after the building is complete it will be powder dry underneath and termites can't live in a dry environment anyway.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodchuck53

MM That will work. If you want to ever sell your place here at home you have to have a termite certs. saying it is inspected and okay. The area I am in is so bad you can put a syp survey stake in the ground go off to work for 2 weeks, come home  and nudge it with your toe and it is eaten thru. I spray twice a year around my slab with the pest people doing a hot job every 10 years. They are bad.

I thought blocks were more expensive than that. I think I will haul some home and use them on my out door pig roasting fire place for the face brick to hold onto. Have a good one.

Magicman

We have another blow that will move through Friday.  Just in time to mess my sawing schedule up.  This customer is non-resident and is having trouble getting himself and his sons all there at the same time.  I normally do not saw on Saturday, but it looks like I will this Saturday.

Woodchuck53

I can understand that. My son and the only brother smart enough to work for a living are on different rotations than mine so when we all hit at the same time we have to be ready to get it on. We get a lot done but it will wear you out.

The weekends are the bosses unless the ox is stuck and then I have to trade off to even things out with her. Ever since she went back to work the weekends are hers with the kids over on sundays or out at the lake with us. But shes good about it if I really need it.

Hope the weather works okay for you. Next Wednesday to get out of here looks iffy. Take care.

Thank You Sponsors!