iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EZ Boardwalk

Started by hopm, August 08, 2020, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

Never once laid eyes on an ez boardwalk other than pics and videos. First I see followed me home!!! Thanks to all who patiently responded to my questions and gave their time to call me and let me question them about their EZ experience.  

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Gere Flewelling

Congratulations hopm!  Looks like you made a wise decision and purchase. 8)  There is nothing like a shiny new machine waiting to be operated.  The blue color (my favorite) makes it just that much exciting.  Hope you have a great time making the sawdust fly.  
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

farmfromkansas

Please post your experience with the new mill.  Looks like the most capacity for the money you could buy.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

trimguy

Congratulations ! And more importantly have fun. 8)

Nebraska

Used mine yesterday for adopted SIL, had a couple small ash logs and gave them a Red Cedar,  he's started a new project business, since the virus  stuff started, reclaimed wood benches and some tables, any way enjoy the mill.

hopm

In response to farmfromkansas...I have been running a smaller mill for a little over 20 years. I saw the EZ about 6 years back and I really liked the simplicity of the design. I retired 3 years ago and started selling some wood and doing some custom cutting. Didn't take long for me to figure there was opportunity in bigger logs people didn't have equipment to handle. It took even less time to figure the loss when I had to whittle (bibby) a log before I started sawing. Started thinking about upgrade and no matter where I looked no matter how I compared EZ 40 was the go to for best bang for the buck.

Can't say enough about how ez😄Stanton, Tim, and David were to patiently accommodate my questions and meet my requests.

I kinda sorta got the mill set up Friday night and planned to saw after I got home from work Saturday,but I happened into to a load of free logs I couldn't pass on. Sooo...I only got to cut one log last night. It was a poplar....12'.....got 11 10"x 5/4" boards in 15 minutes or so. Needless to say I was very pleased.

My brother said the mill is so simple it's high tech. The more I thought about it the more I realized the EZ Boardwalk mill is built and designed from a very high level of technological design that is lost to a large part of society....that being good ol common sense.
So far so good 👍👍👍

Downstream

Congrats on the new mill.  You will be able to make a lot of lumber and sawdust with that machine.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

thecfarm

You will like sawing!!
What's the plan for the lumber?
You need a Logrite cantdog or peavey. Sponsor on the left, nice people.  logrite_cool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TroyC

Congratulations on the new mill! Glad things came together for you. I have about 20 hours on mine now so will do an oil change next time I get to use it.
I agree on the simplicity of the design. 
The 4 dogs are nice. Once the paint wears a little they will smooth out. I did manage to hit the top corner of a squaring arm simply because I did not check that it was lowered and out of the way. 
Mine was set to cut last board at 1 1/8" from bed. Live with it or you will kiss the top of the dog arm.   :D
I used the log turner last week on a large oak I was slabbing. Worked ok. Pine up to 20" I can rotate with cant hook. 
My friend saw the red tank and headed for it with the gas can. Didn't do it but I did put BIG letters on gas and lube just to keep me awake!
Enjoy!

TroyC

Maybe someone here can help me with a question. On the EZ40 at the end of the bed there are two ears with 1/2"holes on the inside of the last frame crosspiece.. Can't figure what they are for. The turner doesn't fit between them. I'm sure they are useful for something. Any ideas?

Downstream

There were stops welded on each end of my ezjr rail frame to prevent the saw head from rolling off the track.  Maybe something similar on the ez40.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

TroyC

Not stops, these are in the middle of the last log support, inside of frame. I thought it might be for turner but ears are not wide enough apart.

hopm

The holes on the end or the last log bunk?

Hossco

Do you have the trailer package? 
It is for the log Turner winch system that also helps raise and lower the mill on and off the axle.

hopm

Yes I have the trailer pkg. not sure how winch helps in removal. I left trailer axle in place and raised on blocks with levelers.

TroyC

Hossco- I thought the ears might have something to do with the turner and removing the axle. The ears are inside the last log support. I don't take the axle off but would like to learn how the turner can help remove axle.

bhumph

This post might have done it...or my lurking around the board for a while before joining a couple days ago.  But either way, I just put a deposit down on the same mill.  Should be ready at the end of Sept, and I'm pretty excited.  Total newbie, but I've wanted my own mill for quite some time.  When a big storm put LOTS of trees down across south Arkansas in the spring I was really wishing I had one then.  
Bryan

hopm

You won't be disappointed ....my only problem is that I put lights in my saw shed and I end up sawing way later than I should

hopm

Lots of pluses to the new ez but the thing I like best is no matter where I lay the rule it sits dead on the 6" mark. 👍

macminn18

I just picked up a used EZ Boardwalk mill. The gentleman was upgrading to an automated mill. I went through the operation with him, pretty straight forward.  Is there a manual available for this mill?

trimguy

Congradulations on the mill !! EZ boardwalk is a sponsor ( on the left ) . I would think you could get that information from them.

Nebraska

There isn't much of a  manual,  just call them and let them know you bought the mill. They will answer questions and help you out, as will folks around here as well.  @macminn18  Congrats on your purchase good luck with the mill.

TroyC

@macminn18  My EZ came with the engine manual in a folder, basically that's it. Level the mill, start cutting. You'll figure it out as you go along. Lots of help here on the forum, just ask. The EZ offers a lot for a manual mill. Congratulations, safe cutting! Enjoy!

hopm

Quote from: macminn18 on September 07, 2020, 08:42:01 PM
I just picked up a used EZ Boardwalk mill. The gentleman was upgrading to an automated mill. I went through the operation with him, pretty straight forward.  Is there a manual available for this mill?
40 or Jr?

Thank You Sponsors!