iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EZ Boardwalk 40

Started by Sassafras73, September 20, 2016, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassafras73

Just curious if there are any EZ boardwalk mill owners within a couple hours of Dayton, OH?  I am considering this mill and would like to see it in person before I decide. I know Ed will have one at the Paul Bunyan Show this year but would like to check one out before then if possible.  Thanks,
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sassafrass73!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sassafras73

WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

47sawdust

Bad thing about that show is Ed usually brings an extra mill along.It just might follow you home.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Sassafras73

Thats why i'm trying to figure things out ahead of time...so I can be prepared to do just that.
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

paul case

Quote from: 47sawdust on September 20, 2016, 05:51:12 PM
Bad thing about that show is Ed usually brings an extra mill along.It just might follow you home.

That's what I did and it wasn't a bad thing. He didn't charge me delivery. I liked the mill real well, it just got to be too much when I needed more production and I upgraded to a hydraulic mill. When I put mine up for sale, it sold in a matter of days. I believe it went to a new home within an hour of where it was made.

I understood Ed sold it to a man named Stanton?
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Deese

I have the EZ Boardwalk Jr. I call every now and then and always talk to Stanton. Super nice fella.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Sassafras73

I talked to them on the phone and they seemed great and they said they will be bringing a EZ 40 to Ohio for the Bunyan show that's available, I'm just trying to see if I can check one out ahead of time and if I like it go ahead and buy it ahead of then rather than show up to look and find its already spoken for. Otherwise I've got a couple options on used woodmizer band mills I'm more familiar with...I know exactly what i'm getting there...a very good mill but when you compare the capability of the manual mills the boardwalk has a significantly wider throat...thus the ability to dabble in slabs when the opportunity presents itself.  With an LT15, 28, or 35 --- 23" max width is the limiting factor.
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

paul case

I would think that the folks at EZ Boardwalk might be able to point you to some one near you that has one that may show off their mill to ya. I bet you already thought that?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Sassafras73

After looking at a few used mills I broke down and ordered a new lt15go with the 25hp engine and the powerfeed...picking it up next week at the Bunyan show.  I got a good deal since they'll use it as their demo there.  I decided it fits what I want to do for now pretty well and will be extremely easy to move around.  Plus it will fit perfectly under the barn porch now so I can saw what I need to build a permanent "saw-shed". Thanks to everyone's advice on the forum...looking forward to making some sawdust.
WM LT15GO25HP; Forester

clintnelms

Quote from: Sassafras73 on September 30, 2016, 10:40:07 AM
After looking at a few used mills I broke down and ordered a new lt15go with the 25hp engine and the powerfeed...picking it up next week at the Bunyan show.  I got a good deal since they'll use it as their demo there.  I decided it fits what I want to do for now pretty well and will be extremely easy to move around.  Plus it will fit perfectly under the barn porch now so I can saw what I need to build a permanent "saw-shed". Thanks to everyone's advice on the forum...looking forward to making some sawdust.

Congratulations! I looked at the same mill before purchasing my Woodland Mills HM126. I really wanted that one, but couldn't justify it for my hobby. Plus the wife would have probably killed me. 😂

Chuck White

Congratulations on the upcoming "new mill"!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Deese

You will enjoy that mill.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!