iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mother Nature.. a tough, unforgivng old gal...

Started by chain, May 26, 2012, 04:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chain

Folklore around these parts records that in Noah's time it rained forty days and forty nights, but in Gumbo Valley, Missouri it only rained a 1/4"!

Someone said this week the radio stated this was the warmest and driest spring in 150 yrs. and counting. Cracks in the gumbo clay soils are treacherous even to a mule as cracks now up to 8" wide. Some farmers have already pumped more water this spring than all of a summers use.

Lucky me, we received 2-1/2" rain last Sunday on one farm, all with hail that knocked out several fields of cotton, soybeans and corn. But Mother Nature said that was a mistake as she sent winds of up to 45 mph and heat in mid-nineties to bone-dry the fields back to a harsh, dust-blowing desert appearance.

As I took a little break yesterday in the shade of a cottonwood  grove I looked up and saw a water mark from last years flood....about fifteen feet over my head! From worst flood on record to worst drought in less than a year.  ???

Autocar

Crazy how it can be I wonder the same things sometimes. We got a quarter of a inch last night I was tickled to get that !
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!