iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i met the dumbest person i ever met in my life

Started by timberjack97, November 11, 2012, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Feller

Quote from: Solomon on November 28, 2012, 11:46:11 AM
Quote from: Ernie on November 11, 2012, 09:58:51 PM
Half the population is below average in intellectual capability.  It sounds like he is at the bottom of the bottom half.
I think you're a little over optomistic Erine ,  maybe it just living in the metropolitan area but I think the ratio is more like 80%  of the population today is inheretly inept and just plain stupid.   The worst part is they think they are the smartest people on the planet.

I think you are right and that explains the recent election results. Those people DO vote, you know.   :'(
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

barbender

Okra, did you drink too much coffee or something? :D Treefeller, I was watching some videos of "black friday" stampedes, the thought occured to me that those people can vote and it made me sad ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Okrafarmer

I was going to say something, but it might have been restricted topic material, and this thread isn't in there as of yet.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Red Clay Hound

I used to work with a guy who had the bug to buy a bass boat.  He couldn't afford the boat so he sold his truck to get the money to buy the boat.  Since he didn't have anything to pull the boat with, he invited a buddy who had a truck to go fishing with him.  First time he put it in the river he left the plug out and sunk the boat. ::). You can't fix stupid.
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

gjersy

Some funny stories here. I remember one my bud Tom told me: He used to hand cut for a pulp mill on company land with a big crew, one guy was a grumpy troll of a man, a brown noser on top of it, this guy was lazy except when the boss was around. One day the boss showed up so the troll jumped on the dozer had it in high gear with the blade low, he hit a stump, killed the dozer, flew over the hood, he was as tall as he was wide so he rolled like a ball, probably fartin the whole way lol.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

timberjack97

the timber i was looking at that day was in  westmoreland  county  in  pa

Jemclimber

Intelligence is sometimes confused with knowledgeable.  I've known people with an 8th grade education that are very intelligent but don't have a lot of knowledge. I also work with some PhD's who have a huge amount of knowledge but very little intelligence.  Oftentimes knowledge increases intelligence if a person can apply it, but not always.  The more a person learns the more one realizes that there is to learn.
lt15

horselogger50

People these days don't have any common sense. His brother was lucky he didn't get seriously hurt. I too would have gotten out and walked back.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jemclimber on December 05, 2012, 01:27:10 PM
Intelligence is sometimes confused with knowledgeable.  I've known people with an 8th grade education that are very intelligent but don't have a lot of knowledge. I also work with some PhD's who have a huge amount of knowledge but very little intelligence.  Oftentimes knowledge increases intelligence if a person can apply it, but not always.  The more a person learns the more one realizes that there is to learn.

Knowledge, Intelligence, and Wisdom are three totally different things. All are useful, but the greatest of the three is wisdom.

Thank You Sponsors!