iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Absence of limit cap

Started by Air Lad, February 01, 2019, 05:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air Lad

Anyone considered using clear silicone around the screw head to prevent hi adjustment  shifting during operation when limit caps have been removed?Was not aware of them when I bought this saw 2nd hand.
I read somewhere that they can vibrate out of adjustment.
This one on MS260c is quite free in the thread.
Just an idea as the silicone is soft and would not hinder further adjustments later on as needed.
Cheers

Air Lad

No reply's could mean the subject is taboo. I dunno
I noticed the limit missing after fitting new carb diaphrams shortly after purchase.
Have adjusted and looked for movement
Doesn't seem to be any movement
The idea was to fill the screw head cavity with silicone once tuned to stop it winding in during use and cooking this little beauty
Is this a bad idea ?

lxskllr

I only have one saw I've used a fair amount without limit caps, and I haven't noticed the screws turning. That's an example of one, by one of the least experienced people here, so take it for what it's worth. Silicone /should/ work ok as a non destructive screw fix, but perhaps it's unnecessary.

Gearbox

some of my saws have the limiter some don't . The limiter only limits adj. to a half turn . It has nothing to do with holding the adjustment . if your running your saw in north MN at 20 below and you run it at 75 above that half turn may not be enough.
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

smmyb123

Limit caps are only something dealers and shops need to be worried about. Find a really small o-ring and install it on the adjuster screw to retain its position, some people also use a small piece of teflon tape.

Something else that could be considered is that carb body is worn out. The screw fitment should be snug enough to hold itself in place, the fact that yours doesnt indicates there may be enough space to cause air-leak symptoms and possible tuning issues.

Thank You Sponsors!