iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today Marks 40

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 23, 2004, 04:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

years that my lovely bride and I have been together. It has been quite a ride. ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Congratulations! 8) 8)  You are a lucky man, indeed, to have had someone as delightful as your wife to share life's ups and downs. Hope ya have many more years of happiness. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Congratulations Harold and Mrs Deadheader, that's quite an accomplishment. :)

Isn't the forty year one where the kids go out and buy you a new cabin cruiser or something. ;D

HORSELOGGER

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Harold!  That type of commitment is rare indeed today, and even though we have never met, it says alot about what type of people your wife and you are! Good on you!
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Bro. Noble

Harold,

Congratulations,  

From previous posts by you as well as others,  I gather that you also have some outstanding children.  Does me good to know there are still strong family units out there.  Also from your posts I know you and your family have had some interesting experiences.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

sawman

Congratulations Deadheader and Mrs Deadheader.

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Ron Scott

Congratulations!! to you both. It's time to write a book on your experiences.
~Ron

old3dogg

40 years!Wow!
I was telling the guys at the shop that in June I will be married for 17 years.They couldnt believe it.Same woman for 17 years!
Congrats and keep her for another 40!
"Behind every good man there is a better woman"
Mike.

ronwood

Congratulations Fla_Deadheader!!  Hope the next 40 will be has good as the first.  :D :D :D :D :D.

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

DeepForest

CONGRATULATIONS!!! MR & MRS H  8) 8) 8)

I wish you the best !!
    Kind Regards

DP

shopteacher

Way ta go you two.  Harold you tell some great stories and tales here on the forum, but man, I sure would liked to have heard some of the ones you've must've told the misses to keep her there for FORTY YEARS.  You got to be one smooth talker FDH. Congratulations and hope your next forty are just as happy.

Got 27 in, but the last two weeks don't count as she
hasn't talked to me or fed me.  >:( :( ::) :-[ :'(   Me and Ole Butch is sharing thee same space. :o
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

Good show Mrs. Deadheader.   You're quite a women to have put up with him all these years.  He's a mighty lucky fellow. :D

EZ

Congrats FD and Mrs FD. 40 years seems to be a long time, but when you look back and think about it, it probably went pretty fast.
Proud of you both.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks for all the kind words. The Mrs. was a town girl. I moved her to the country and she worked side by side with me doing all the crazy stuff I thought up. Some of the stories would make for great telling. Maybe someday. ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

etat

Congratulations. WOW.  Good for yall fer putting up with each other over all the years!  I've always been a strong believer that whenever possible marriage should be through thick, and thin.  Sounds like yall got it whipped now!!  Here's to a long Heath life, and  another forty years!!!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

DanG

Jis' slide yer butt over and give her the keyboard, Harold. It's HER side of the stories we want to hear! ;D :o :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stan

Keep on keepin' on we're only 3 1/2 years behind you.  8) 8) 8)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Bro. Noble

Stan,

Wife and I were married in '67'.  We must be pretty close :)

OneWithWood

Harold, congratulation to both you and your wife for attaining such a wonderful and rare milestone. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Congrats Harold and Mrs. Harold,
It is nice to see other people who
believe in the "Till Death Do Us Part"
philosophy and work hard to stay hitched.
Too many people throw in the towel today
rather than work on the issues that make them
become better people.  

However,  Mrs. Noble really deserves an attagirl to
stay married to Noble since '67  ;)  ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Bro. Noble

Whitepe,

:oWhat's that supposed to mean ???

That Harold must be a pretty exciting guy what with the goldmining,  treasure ships,  and wrestling gators for logs-----but-----How do you reckon he'd stand up to the wrath of a head start teacher after crashing their easter egg hunt? ;D  Besides,  I didn't see his initials on that redwood log at Detweiler park ;)

Fla._Deadheader

That's only cause I ain't been there, YET ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

whitepe

Noble and Harold
I was just checking to see if Noble was awake.
I  got me a new Stihl MS250.  Do you wanna go
carve some initials?   I have also got me a pair of
stilts so my 12 EEEE shoes won't splat the
Easter bunny's eggs. That Easter bunny was
madder and meaner  than some of Harold's gators   ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Stan

Noble I ain't to sure about the year probably '67, seems like sometime last month. October 29th now, that's been pounded into my haid.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Bro. Noble

Stan,

We were married in Feb. of 67,  so I got as few months on you 8)

Thank You Sponsors!