iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 1600

Started by MILL BRANCH FARMS, June 05, 2021, 10:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MILL BRANCH FARMS

Anybody know the size of the chain on a timberking 1600 that runs the length of the cutting deck? And best place to buy replacement? I have a 20 foot deck
DIGGER

Jeff

Easy. Same answer to both I bet. Timberking @Will_Johnson 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

alan gage

Pretty sure my B-16 is 40 but it's a really old one so things sure might have changed. It should be easy enough to look at the chain specs online and measure what you've got.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

711ac

https://www.nitrochain.com/blog-how-to-measure-roller-chain
I'd give TK a call, but it's good to actually measure the size so that you know what you're talking about no matter where you buy it. 
What trouble are you having? 

farmfromkansas

I keep several sizes of roller chain, as many farm machines use chain.  When I replaced the chains on my Cooks mill, already had the chain on the shelf.  Think they were #40.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

doc henderson

If it is rusty and stiff, might be able to soak and refurb it in bluecreeper (sponsor) or a rust dissolver like a WD 40 rust remover soak.  if it is worn and stretched, new chain.  Will is the owner of TK, Matt is a knowledgeable sales guy there and they always try to help. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Kcwoodbutcher

I have a 1600 and it's #40. If it's the exposed section on the chain that messed up you can just splice in a new section. It' much easier than threading the whole chain through the system. I usually just do a ten foot section at a time. You can easily find the chain on Amazon or e-bay.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ladylake

I'm still running the original no 40 chain on my B20 after 16000 hours, had to replace 1 broken link and  take out at least 12 links on both sides due to stretch.  I've had a new 100' roll in the garage for at least 6 years.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

farmfromkansas

Any farm supply store has roller chain on the shelf.  And 40 is one of the most common sizes.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!