iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Champion SMG troubleshooting questions

Started by kathyd, May 20, 2017, 10:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathyd

Hi, i have a Champion SMG 14 hp sawmill, purchased last year. Love the mill, but trying to figure out some issues.  I put on a new drive belt this week, and the that took the vibration out sawing, and the jumping on the hydraulic tension.  Worked like new, i also put a new blade on at the same time.  Now 12 logs later, the belt seems to be starting to vibrate again.  Can anyone tell me the reasoning for this.  I would greatly appreciate some feedback.  Thank you

pineywoods

Where did you get the new belt ? Most automotive belts have a splice that will go bump-bump aftera little use. Need a one piece belt. Try a different manufacturer..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ox

Try tightening the new belt a bit.  This happens to me with a brand new belt.  Tensioned properly it will not vibrate much at all.  Then it'll break in and get a bit looser then will start bouncing pretty good.  Tightened up a bit and it goes away, usually forever.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

sprucebunny

Have you checked for sawdust build-up on the belt ? I have to scrape mine...
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!