iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain again

Started by CLL, June 23, 2008, 11:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

Just noticed that our average for the month of June is 5.25 inches. at this time we have 15.80 and expecting rain most of the day tomorrow. I realize there are those a lot worst off and my sympathy goes out to them, but I sure would like to see dry weather for a week or so.
Too much work-not enough pay.

dave7191

The weather man out of Springfield said yesterday that we are within 2 inches of our normal  yearly rain fall and my gauge said 1 1/4 more after yesterday mornings shower  And I am keeping all of you folks that are flooded in my thoughts  our place flooded twice in 93 and all you can do is keep on going

Dave Shepard

We have been having some pretty good thunderstorms lately, sometimes a couple of times a day. Usually around noon, or about 4:00. I was wondering where the 4:00 was today, it was just late, it showed up around 5:30. ::) Had a horrendous storm at 12:45AM, sounded like a half hour continous roar of thunder.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Lanier_Lurker

I am truly sorry at what is happening with the excess water in the heartland of our great country.

500 year floods are both a horrible and wondrous thing to behold.  I went through just such an event in southwest Georgia in 1994 - when the remnants of tropical storm Alberto dumped 25 to 30 inches of rain in less than 24 hours into the lower Flint and Chattahoochee river basins.  Some areas in Albany, Georgia were flooded that were not considered to be in any flood plain, 500 year or greater.

Presently, I am experiencing the other extreme here in north Georgia.  The southeastern USA drought of 2 years and counting is very depressing and annoying.  The weather systems that develop in the heartland and move east are consistently emptying their load of water and disappearing before they reach the drought stricken areas of eastern Alabama and most of Georgia.

And when I see folks approaching the front doors of their homes in boats just 500 miles away it just infuriates me to the point that I lose sleep.

God help us all.

WDH

Yes, LL.  We are in a time of extremes.  We are bone dry here too.  When it rains, it pours (Morton Iodized Salt).  When it doesn't, it just plain doesn't.

My wife says that it will never rain again :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don_Papenburg

I am in a little pocket of the heartland that needs rain . I planted the last of my sweetcorn yesterday and it was dusty dry.   I am by no means in a Georgia drought  but you guys with all the extra water ,let some of it slip our way.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

leweee

Quote from: WDH on June 24, 2008, 11:43:14 PM
My wife says that it will never rain again :).

AS the song goes" how in the heck will I wash my neck if it ain't gonna rain no more"
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!