iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20-year old woman killed on Idaho Fire.

Started by Phorester, August 15, 2012, 11:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

A 20 year old female firefighter was killed by a falling tree while working on the fireline in Idaho.
Thsi is a dangerous business.

http://www.kxlh.com/news/firefighter-dies-battling-wildfire-in-idaho/

Texas Ranger

My heart goes out to the fire warriors families.  A tough job, tougher than most, any fire fighter has to be as tough as they come.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I thought at first fire got her,but than I saw it was a tree. Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time. That is too bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

Draco

Still safer on the ground than in the air:

"Of the 58 U.S. Forest Service wildland firefighter fatalities between 2002 and 2011, 8 (14%) were Large Airtanker accidents; 22 (38%) were helicopter accidents; 10 (17%) were burnovers; 11 (19%) were driving accidents; 2 (3.5%) were heart attacks; 2 (3.5%) were hazard tree incidents; and 3 (5%) were from other causes such as fall from vehicle, fall from structure, or struck by vehicle."

Thank You Sponsors!