iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Meatloaf  ffcool made with beef, pork, and fresh rolled toasted steel cut groats.  Topped with homemade zucchini sweet relish.  Roasted with last years garden potatoes and a side of last summers garden strike beans. It was awesome.  Samwiches tomorrow 😋.
20240214_171957.jpg20240214_172510.jpg
Almost everyone loves a good meatloaf  ffwave ffwave ffwave
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

newoodguy78

21 you just made me hungry,that certainly looks delicious. Not sure what I like better a meatloaf dinner or the sandwiches from the leftovers. 
Meatloaf on oat bread with a few slices of extra sharp cheese and a little barbecue sauce makes an excellent sandwich. 

21incher

Quote from: newoodguy78 on February 14, 2024, 09:14:39 PM21 you just made me hungry,that certainly looks delicious. Not sure what I like better a meatloaf dinner or the sandwiches from the leftovers.
Meatloaf on oat bread with a few slices of extra sharp cheese and a little barbecue sauce makes an excellent sandwich.
I fine flaked a 1/2 cup of groats and we tried them in the meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs.  What awesome flavor and texture they added. Sandwiches the next day are my favorite also. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Tonight was chicken breast that was sliced fairly thin then beat with  a tenderizing hammer  smiley_smash. Breaded and fried.  Some roasted garden butternut roasted  with maple syrup along with last summers corn and Annies mac & cheese. Not very colorful but good.  digin_2
20240217_171148.jpg

Raider Bill

Yankee breakfast, it's what's for dinner!
Homemade bacon, Home fries, eggs over easy and English muffins.
Fresh picked strawberries.
No grits or corn bread. ffcheesy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

At my daughters, the cook, and last night was chicken with green chili sauce, I would post a picture, but it seems to have disappeared!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

21incher

Tuna steaks on the blackstone again. Last year's garden beans and potato salad. Was over 50 degrees today  ffcool
20240221_171754.jpg

Jeff

Where do you get your fish?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

Quote from: Jeff on February 22, 2024, 08:10:09 AMWhere do you get your fish?
We buy it from Costco online. Restaurant grade, individually packed, wild caught packed on the ships.  It ships in 10 pound boxes with dry ice overnight.  This batch has a light marinade and really good on the grill or griddle.  They also have nice  bison burgers and elk direct from the farm often. We only buy when they have special email sale. We find the frozen better quality then what local fish counters have. Doc said eat more fish so having a bunch in the freezer makes that possible.  Can't  wait for garden lettuce as this goes great with  a big green salad.

SwampDonkey

CDN $18/lb frozen up here at local Superstore. Have had frozen green beans yesterday from the garden, but had local fiddlehead greens today with tuna casserole. Picked last spring. Really, brook trout or Atlantic salmon is meant to go with fiddleheads. :)  Been eating garden green from the grow tent. Lettuce, radish, spinach, basal, beat greens. Might have a red hot pepper before spring.  Maybe even a cuke if I get the Qtips out as quick as they bloom, otherwise they won't fertilize. You have like 24 hrs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

A bowl of Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo for lunch today:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Get out the Extinguisher! @Burlkraft sent me home with 3 Texas Twinkies last night. @Wildflower is on a trip, so I'm eating spicy tanight!

20240222_175007.jpg

SwampDonkey

Bacon wrapped jalapeno, Jeff? :D I like bacon on scallops, the small ones, not them ginormous scallops down south that fill a plate. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Large, Gently wicked Jalapenos stuffed with @Burlkraft 's smoked Brisket and cream cheese, wrapped in his own smoked bacon and homemade bbq sauce and then air-fried.  Most excellent

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

I am glad you clarified what a Texas Twinkie was. They eat some strange things in Texas and I was not sure what those were and why they weren't being served in pairs. :huh?

Our supper was red beans and rice. I had about a quart of left over white rice, thawed, browned and crumbled about 2/3 lb of bulk/patty deer sausage, diced up a little onion, drained and dumped a can of red beans in, heated it all through and threw in a handful of dried cranberries and served with plantains on the side.  food3
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

Doug's Fish Fry  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It was a beautiful day and we decided to take a ride over to Doug's for some fish sandwiches.  Couldn't believe how packed  it was. Guess Lent has something to do with  it. Great day for a 120 mile ride broken up with a fish samwich and stop at Bass Pro.  :sunny:
20240223_115041.jpg20240223_115046.jpg

21incher

Wild caught salmon  ffcool
20240402_171950.jpg
And strawberry short cake 
20240402_173453.jpg

Rhodemont

Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Magicman

Venison Burrito & Grits.  food6

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Our today's meal was a bit different because it had been quite a while since we had eaten at the Round Table.  Take a dish, serve yourself, place it back on the turntable and then turn it to your next favorite.

Thank You Sponsors!