iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

President Bush sends a message to Border patrol agents

Started by Blue Duck, January 18, 2007, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Duck

Quote from: farmerdoug on January 22, 2007, 11:04:51 AM
.  They do the jobs that our people do not want to do cheaper and better but I beleive there will come a day when they will be doing the jobs that we do want to do.  Because they will work harder for less pay than we will.

Farmerdoug

Well first of all we nee to be honest about the situation.  Not picking on you farmerdoug but you we hear this argument quite a bit. "They are just here doing the jobs that Americans are not willing to do."  Well that is a lie, or half truth at best.  They are doing the jobs that you and I are not willing to do for $5.00 and hour.  How can they affrod to do that?  Well the vast mojority are here on a temporary basis.  They are not financing homes and investing in the economy.  NO they are crowdign as many as they can stand into a cheaply rented prorety and saving or sending the money back home.  The Mexican goverment provides them with the information of how to get free healthcare, welfare, free eduction for their children and public assistance for food and housing before they ever cross the border.  You may think you are getting apples for $.50 a pound and houses bult for $80 per square foot but trust me, you ae paying full price.  The rest is coming out of your property taxes, our income tax, and your medicare/ medicaid payment.  It's a false economy from a free enterprise perspective.
I don't know what your ambitions are in life..
but you ain't gonna get them done drinkin decafe coffee

farmerdoug

There is slackers in every group.  I am talking about the fact the percent of Mexicans that are willing to work hard is definitly greater than the percentage of Americans that are willing to work as hard.  That is probably true for most of the migrants from thrid world countries as well.  It has been that way throughout our history.  You can see the stories of guys that worked hard and took chances in the history books all of the time.  I am not knocking the immigrant labors for their work ethic, I think ours in this country is starting to suck though.

I agree on the hidden costs that is why I feel they are taking our jobs and money too.  The price we pay in the store is subsidized through their cheap labor and our taxes.  I think that we should lock down on the illegals and let the wages raise to fill the jobs or be mechanized to fill the job.  That machine that costs 350,000 to replace the manaul labor in the feild will keep more money in the country in the long run and will not drain our government like was stated.  It will cost us more at the store but it will also get more people back to work also therefore less taxes, 'ya right'. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Dana

That $350,000 machine will keep more money in the U.S. if it is built in the U.S. by an American conpany with American workers. That is a big if!                                         I think a lot of our problems came in after N.A.F.T.A
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

farmerdoug

I think the Chinese will run over us first.  But it all comes back to the public wanting highs wages and cheap products.  If it is going to change we must do it as individuals.  We cannot expect the government to pass laws to make it go away.  That is blocking free trade but there is nothing saying you have to buy the foreign products to begin with.  I just smile when people complain about all of the jobs leaving the country while they are going to the dollar stores or wallyworld to shop. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Thank You Sponsors!