iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice 150 info

Started by JB Griffin, February 14, 2017, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

Looking to buy a 150 off my boss. Has a 3-53 power unit and it's sitting on a truck frame w/axles and pintle hitch. Looking for any info such as lift cap. any problem areas or the like. Thanks
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Chop Shop

I have a 100D Prentice that on a truck frame with a pintle and axles.  It was a running, driving truck loader years ago.   Its got an enclosed cab like a normal loader/shovel not like a sit up top self loader style log truck.

It had a detroit diesel but has been replaced with an Allis Chalmers diesel.

Its a good machine, it will pick up 24 foot long firs that are 24-36" diameter

I just unloaded some real wet 10 foot long cedar butts that were 3-4 feet around.  No problem.

The only thing I dislike about it, is that there is no swing brake so your always busy with your feet.

snowstorm

look the mast over real well. the   g  had problems breaking there. the g became a 110 the 150 was some what like it but with a different boom . the later 110 used a 150 boom. and went from 20' to 22' of reach

JB Griffin

By the mast you the main upright with the turn table right?
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Jamie_C

I ran one about 20 years ago loading mostly tree length spruce and fir, it had enough power that it would easily lift the stabilizers off the ground if you were wrestling with a big tree. It would handle spruce trees up to about 30" on the butt and 50 ft long. Scarey powerful for a smallish loader.

Thank You Sponsors!