iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1972 664B Clark

Started by vonmainestay, February 20, 2020, 07:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonmainestay

I am a newbie to this group and have a 664B that has been loosing power for drive and hydraulic winch. Steering and blade are functioning as it should. I don't get good high RPMs when attempting forward or reverse or using the winch. Where should I start? All fluids are at adequate levels as well. 
Any advice for a novice? 

air1514

Does it have a Detroit engine?   Sounds like the engine needs tuned. 

vonmainestay

It does have a Detroit. What is strange is with no load on the hydraulics the RPMs are fine and the blade and steering have plenty of operating pressure it seems. 
I was wondering if a hydraulic filter for the drive and winch could be the issue? 

kiko

Sounds like you have an issue with the transmission pressure. I assume it has a Clark winch. If so it operates off of transmission pressure and shares the oil with transmission.  We used to add transmission fluid at the winch because it was much easier than under that flip up floor board. Those were D and F models. Change the transmission filter first then check transmission pump pressure.

vonmainestay

Thanks very much Kiko. I will certainly do that and see what kind of pressure I can get. 

kiko

Transmission pressure should be around 300psi

Thank You Sponsors!