iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GOL I and II Class - Baraboo Wisconsin

Started by jander3, August 18, 2009, 11:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jander3

I signed up for GOL I and II classes in February 2010.   Seems like a good time for a road trip to Wisconsin.  Class and registration info is below if anyone is interested. 

The Aldo Leopold Foundation
P.O.Box 77
Baraboo, WI 53913
608.356.7309 fax
mail@aldoleopold.org

Sunday, October 11, 2009: Game of Logging I

Saturday, February 13, 2010: Game of Logging I

Sunday, February 14, 2010: Game of Logging II

http://www.aldoleopold.org/WoodlandSchool/index.shtml

Game of Logging
Level I: Sunday, Oct. 11 or Saturday, Feb. 13; Level II: Sunday, Feb. 14, 8:30am-5pm. Mastering the basics of chainsaw safety is essential for woodland owners who want to be more active on their land, from making firewood to timber stand improvement. The "Game of Logging" is a four-level series designed to increase safety and efficiency of chainsaw use. Hands-on training gives participants the opportunity to fell at least one tree with supervision. Register here.

Instructors: Ken Lallemont and Nathan Stanford, Timber Resources. Location: Leopold Center, Baraboo. Cost: $85 per class ($75 members). Class Limit: 15.

beenthere

Ken Lallemont is a very good instructor.
Take a saw that has all the features (don't have the spark arrestor screen off the muffler  ::) ::) ) and a sharp chain with rakers filed the same (I had a new chain, and got dinged for not having rakers at the same level   ::) ).

He will figure out who knows a lot and who knows very little, and will teach to each one's needs. Very worthwhile course. Hopefully you will not have 0° F on that valentine day weekend.   :) :)

Will try to catch up with you that weekend.

I take it you will not make it down this Sat. for Roosters barn raising. I may get there, but still nursing a torn calf muscle and hobbling around yet. Each day better tho.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jander3

Beenthere,

My wife normally works weekends but she has this weekend off.  I couldn't convince her that a barn raising was the way to spend our time.   She wasn't interested in peeling plate logs either, so it will probably be visit friends, dinner, and a movie. Can't remember the last time I just goofed off for the weekend.

Anyway, hope to catch you in February. 

Burlkraft

jander....I hope you let us know when you arrive in our neck o' the woods.

We'll have lunch. Baraboo has a great burger place   ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stumpy

Count me in.  If I don't go to the class, I'd still come for lunch 8)
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Thank You Sponsors!