iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Wood Boiler Should I Buy? Central or?

Started by LegendsCreekFarm, December 06, 2015, 03:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logging logginglogging

Had my Central boiler E-classic 2300 for quite a few years now, I love it. It works great, and burns very efficiently, often I can load it and go 24hrs no problem. Typically I let the one circulator on the stove run and don't even turn on my zone circulators, so I am basically idling, and the house stays 75-80 all the time no matter how cold it gets out. I burn good seasoned wood, by seasoned, I mean sits it a sunny /  windy spot all summer when it is being split. I have checked moisture content and its fairly good that way. I have burned wet, whole logs of hard and softwood at times by simply mixing it in with the good wood. Typically in the winter if I have a tree that falls or something I just cut it up and burn it as is just to get rid of it by mixing it in this way. I always keep my very good maintenance schedule, and really clean it good. I always use ashtrol, and it the summer I soak the heck out of then whole thing with used oil.

LegendsCreekFarm

I believe I am going to purchase the Central Boiler Classic CL6048. I was approved for the financing and think that this is the one I am going to go with. My neighbors love it, and it an burn everything!  Does anyone else have this model that has good things to say about it?

Dave Shepard

I've got a year on a used 2006. It has performed flawlessly.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!