iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arch vs Parbuckling

Started by WranglerSS, January 29, 2017, 09:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirkD

Anyone here use a tilt bed trailer rather than an arch?
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Dan_Shade

The camera man got excited and screwed up the video of those big white oaks ..

I'm not telling anyone that I was the camera man
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

paul case

After it rolled off and crashed the sticks I noticed the camera went way up and then back down. Was that from the huge earthquake the log hitting the sticks caused?

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Dan_Shade

There was one video where I turned off the camera as soon as it started rolling off!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Was that the one when you ran?   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

Dan_Shade

When parbuckling, it's important to support the ends of the logs to keep them where you want them.

I use a chain with a hook on the trailer rail near both ramps.   Then hook the winch line to the center of the chain.   This gives solid control of the log as it rolls up the ramp.   Before figuring this trick out,  I had a few logs get squirrelly and end up parallel to the ramps.

Thank You Sponsors!