iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hedgelaying

Started by Butlerslogs, January 08, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerslogs

to everyone in the usa! i will be starting a new hedgelaying job in the coming weeks, would you guys be intrested if i posted step by step of how it goes with pics!  ???

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Butlerslogs on January 08, 2015, 03:29:30 PM
to everyone in the usa! i will be starting a new hedgelaying job in the coming weeks, would you guys be intrested if i posted step by step of how it goes with pics!  ???
sure, pics always welcome

Southside

By all means please do so.  I showed your other post to my wife - now she wants one.....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sandhills

thecfarm

I would enjoy that very much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutterboy

I would like to see that too. I have no idea what hedgelaying is so I might learn something. :P
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

mad murdock

That would be awesome! popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley Thanks :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Holmes

I had never heard of hedge laying til you brought it up.  I watched a couple of videos now I see why they can be so difficult to drive a tank thru. Interesting way to define fields , roads and bounds.  Personally I like the stone walls we have here in New England.  I would not do hedge laying myself because it looks to "messy" for me. :) I don't like it when stones fall off the stone walls  ;D but that's just me.  It will be enjoyable to see its progress.
Think like a farmer.

Alexanderthelate

I've got the basic idea of hedge laying down, and have considered offering the service, but there doesn't seem to be the demand for t around here.

Butlerslogs

i remember the old man taught me too lay hedges, he always used to say 'remember boy you can lay any size tree' me: 'what about a 100ft pine tree?' , 'if your stupid enough to try!'. the next year i tried and failed miserably! ::)

Southside

That is funny, had it worked I suspect it would not take many to make one heck of a fence. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

kwendt

I would like to see 'how to' and progress pictures too!
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Thank You Sponsors!