iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Western, NY Loggers on here????

Started by Timbercrk1, March 02, 2007, 01:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercrk1

Just seeing if anyone is on here from my area? I'm from Rochester in school full time. Thanks.

Ever Green

I'm just south of Buffalo...Colden...my in-laws live in Greece
Vince

sjh

I live 1 hr west of rochester.  I don't do much logging.

Brad_S.

I'm in Rochester, kinda. I live in Penfield and my shop is in Victor. I've worked with a number of local loggers. Are you a logger as well or looking for info on locals?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Ever Green

during the winter I try to get the smaller logging jobs that the "big" guys don't want to mess with...then I bid out the logs...I by tops and sell firewood...I have a landscaping business during the summer...
Vince

Dieseln2stroke

First time on forum and this is on the main page! I'm from WNY but will be attending Paul Smiths college in the Adirondacks in the fall for Industrial Forest Operations. Ever Green,if you ever need any help logging/landscaping let me know,I live in Orchard Park. 
If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Tom

Welcome to the ForestryForum, dieseln2stroke

Dieseln2stroke

Thanks! I can see many hours will be spent on here learning about the industry 8)

Timbercrk1

Ya me too. My brain hurts from learning so much so far! :P 8)

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum Timbercrk1 and dieseln2stroke.Really like that picture diesel.Looks like a bulldozer that has gone over a banken?Could you explain more,please.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dieseln2stroke

http://www.vannattabros.com/dozer.html
Go to that site then on the left click on "D10N in trouble"...Yeah I'd say you would be in a little bit of trouble with 146500pds to move.lol

jon12345

Hey Dieseln2stoke, I'm a PSC alum   8)
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Dieseln2stroke

When did you graduate? Did you like it there?I can't wait to get up there in the fall.(I'm a senior in H.S)It was kind of a hard decision to go all the way up there for school,I hope it all works out

Ever Green

Diesel...go to Paul Smiths....I wish I would have...my buddy's grandfather, was,I believe, the first graduate from there...as was his Aunt...I think a couple of uncles went there as well...there last name is Kuhn...mention that name up there and I would think you would be treated like a king......Let me know if and when you need some summer work...maybe I can help you out...

Vince  ---716-984-7416
Vince

NorthwoodsFC

Cant go wrong with the PSC...good school...almost as good as the Ranger School...almost.=)

jon12345

I loved it there except it was far away from home.  Don't worry about makin friends, everyone there is friendly just look for the guys wearin carhartt   :D  I graduated in 04 as a forest tech.   

What ranger school  ???  :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Thank You Sponsors!