iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

???Tanaka  2 stroke oil    

Started by Flapjack, April 01, 2004, 01:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flapjack

Hello all.........

This is my first post, and I would like to know if any of you,
had any first hand knoledge of    Tanaka   2 stroke oil. The bottle dosen't have any ratio / mixing information,it has a squeeze
chamber,and tells you to "mix a chamber full with a gallon of fuel,and that will take the guess work out of  mixing". Seems a little strange. But regardless of the instructions, is the oil any good?  

Thanks !

oldsaw-addict

Welcome to the forum Flapjack!

How many ounces is the little chamber?  
I'll give you the amount of oil to add to a gallon of gas to make a specific ratio.
32:1  4oz of oil added to 1 gallon of gas
40:1  3.2oz oil to 1 gal. gas
50:1 2.6oz oil to 1 gal gas
100:1 1.3 oz oil to 1 gal gas beware, 100:1 is not recommended for most 2 stroke engines, it has too little oil to really lubricate the bearings and engine and will normally result in a lean seizure.
50:1 is the most widely accepted ratio for regular oil
40:1 and 32:1 are widely used for synthetic oil such as Mobil MX2T or Maxima K2 full synthetic oil. I recommend full synthetic oil for 2 cycle engines, just make sure its 2 cycle full synthetic oil you're using in your fuel oil mix. it reduces plug fouling and carbon deposits in engines, and has less smoke so you can mix it at 32:1 and use it in saws made for 50:1 ratio mix without any problem
Let there be saws for all mankind!

wiam

At work we use Tanaka oil in all two strokes, mixed per label.  Tanaka trimmers, Stihl chainsaws,  very old Lawnboy pushmowers and Tanaka pumps.  This seems to work well for us to have only one mix around  and all engines seem to run OK.

William

Duane_Moore

8) 8)Welcome Flapjack, we glad to have here. Duh---Duane 8) 8)
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Thank You Sponsors!