iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 290 Will not idle

Started by proot, December 17, 2019, 05:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proot

I have a MS 290 will not stay running at idle. If I get it to stay running it cuts great seams to have full power. If you let off the trigger it will die.  I tried adjusting the carb. It didn't help. Has new plug ,fuel, fuel and air filters. Took it to a dealer $150.00 to replace the carb. Got it back same problem. Took it back to the dealer. They replaced the carb. for the 2nd time. Same problem. Any thoughts?

btulloh

My first thought is go back to the dealer and get him to make the saw run correctly or give you a refund. 

It could be lots of different things.  Sounds like you've hit the easy ones. Did the dealer start it and show you the problem had been fixed when you picked it up? 
HM126

btulloh

Are you in a cold climate?  Maybe it's set to warm weather mode.
HM126

proot

It is at the dealer. They tried another carb. It still does the same thing. They sent it do another one of there stores to try to fix it.

proot

moodnacreek

Idle for how long? Of the many saws I have none would idle for more than a few minutes, except one; a 262 husky. I left it idle for so long one time [ I got with a customer] that when I went back it was still running, on fire and starting to burn the log deck.

proot

If you let off the trigger it will die[/quote]

moodnacreek

Quote from: proot on December 17, 2019, 07:02:31 PM
If you let off the trigger it will die
[/quote]That's no good at all. Gotta be fixed.

Thank You Sponsors!