iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter hibernation

Started by Bibbyman, December 27, 2006, 10:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Excuse me while I go into hibernation for the next three months.  The shorter hours of daylight, time change,  extra food during the holidays,  and nasty, cold, dark weather winter days are enough to put me to sleep.  I come into the warm house and set in my recliner and in ten minutes I'm snoring away.
smiley_sleeping

I work at staying up latter but it's hardly sundown when yawning and feel ready to go to bed.  I try to keep busy and not set around so much during the day and evening.  I try to eat light and healthy – knowing I'll pay latter.

Each year it gets tougher to get through winter.  ::)

I give up.. I'm going to bed. Good night. zzzz_smiley
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

PineNut

Bibbyman, that sounds like a winner.

DanG

Bibbyman, you lucky dowg you!  I hibernated through the summer, then overslept through the fall.  Now I gotta work through the winter! :-\ :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

DanG, Bib (and a lot of us) could handle your version of winter. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Bibbyman,no wonder you sleep until 9:00 AM each day.You're up half the night on the forum.   :)  :) I split wood when it gets dark out in front of the garage.Just my way of telling old man winter that I can still be out when the days are shorter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DWM II

Its not the cold here, but the rain and mud wears me down. The time change kills me as well, it dont matter if I go to bed a midnight I cant seem to sleep past 4:00 am. :-\ Sometimes I wish I could hibernate.
Stewardship Counts!

TexasTimbers

Mud. You said it DWM. The bane of sawmills.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

woodmills1

sometimes I go to bed way late, but then wake up early to check the wood furnace,  read that bladder control :o,   then go out to see what needs immediate attention.  Back in to check the kitties then back out to do some damage control :D.  So, most days, have at it till near dark, (read that unless a paying customer has already made me happy).  But, sure like this wooden life.   Sleep early sometimes too. :) :)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

saddletramp

Get back to ya later Bib, alarm clock aint set to go off till first week of april. coocoo_clock
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

Qweaver

We decided to work thru' this winter so that by the time next winter gets here we will be done with the cabin.  So my plan for next winter is to spend a lot of time beside a warm stove looking out at the snow on the mountain and football on the big screen (if they ever get cheap enough to afford).  When we do venture out in the cold, it'll be to hunt , sleigh ride or play on the toys ( dozer, TLB, LT15 ).  I just love the snow and cold when I don't have to get out and work in it.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

maple flats

Too bad, winter except for the real extreme days is my best time to work. I hate hot weather and would rather work in 15-40 degree F. days and not 90 F.+ degrees& humid, that wipes me out. I do work in all seasons and temperatures but winter is the best for heavy work, logging, sawing, and so forth, althou I do admit doing concrete in the cold is not good, can't pour on a frozen surface nor with frozen sand, stone and the like, then you need to keep the concrete above freezing for several days.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Left Coast Chris

Bibbyman...... I get the same thing.  Some say that it is from not getting enough light.  I know on rainy dark days that are two or more days in a row I will want to go to sleep at 7:00pm.   

Suggest getting some full spectrum light bulbs and trying that.   I got mine from Home Depot.  They seem to help.  Also try eating lots of dark green leafy vegies... I thought that helped also.   

At least you are not kicking the dog. :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!