iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A slight altercation...

Started by mrcaptainbob, October 01, 2013, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Most generally if we have to deal with tresspassers around here it's hunters, my friend and I ran into a few once while we were hunting the treeline behind dads house (about 75 yards, with livestock all around), they were out of state hunters and we were a couple teen age kids, they tried to kick us off  ::) that went over well.  I truly think it's all in who you're dealing with.  I came across an out of state car and a younger guy with 2 small kids picking choke cherries from a bush in one of our pasture fencelines, they never crossed the fence so I suppose they were actually on county property, and I knew they had to know someone around there or they wouldn't have been there.  Stopped to talk to them, he was very pleasant and gracious, I was on my way to a different field of ours and told him to follow me, at that time there was a choke cherry tree there that got watered by the end gun of both ours and a neighbors pivot, it was loaded down to the point of falling over  :D.  I think I made his day  :).  Like I said, just who you're dealing with and the main reason I wasn't real suspisious of the out of state tags was road that I found them on, they had to be some neighbors family or friends.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: chain on October 02, 2013, 09:34:51 PM
Purple is the legal color to display "no-trespassing" in Missouri. We use handy rolls of 3-4" wide purple tape with No trespass-No hunting, etc. can be purchased at some farm stores. Very handy easy to cut but tough enough to tie to about anything, very visible also.

I did not know this CHAIN. I've learned something.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

1woodguy

I usually try to get along with neighbors some are ok some aren't
But some if you don't say anything about berrys   afew seem to think they own your place
   Think your scrap pile is free pickings ,had several cutting firewood,hunting then letting their friends hunt on your place,
Some will nose at whatever is in your sheds for later pickings

Start borrowing your stuff

I also have neighbors that keep an eye on stuff we have keys to each others gates sheds or sometimes  :new_year:houses
They watch guys working for you(one fellow and his wife keeps track of the hours and breaks :Dand tell me who is good worker when I am not there)
   I have places the neighbors mow for me and don't want anything
A month or so ago one Sunday I went by a small lake place we stay occasionally and the guy next place over was cutting limbs away from my roof
   he was doing the maples on his house so thought he would get mine while he was at it.
      I confronted some relative of his who was getting chainsaw and weedeater and afew other things one day several years ago (he was glad I did said the boy was worthless)
  I usually try to repay in some way
So I get good and bad ....

Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Thank You Sponsors!