iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Start to the Day

Started by Wudman, March 17, 2019, 01:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wudman

I was traveling this past week and woke up Thursday morning to find this:

Some fine citizen shoved a pry bar in my door frame and popped the window out.  The window itself is bad enough, but it is going to take some body work to straighten the frame around the widow.  They rummaged through the glove box and center console.  The officer said they were looking for a gun.  My co-worker was parked one row over and his window received the same treatment.  Two pick-ups out of 100+ vehicles in the hotel parking lot were hit.  Nothing was missing from my truck.  A couple of LED MagLites, a few tools, an archaic GPS unit, and my Ray Ban knockoffs (I guess 1990 vintage aviator sunglasses didn't  fit his style) were left laying in the seat and floor.  He missed a box of .380s under the dash.  What he was looking for was in my pocket.  This was in the high rent office district of Charlotte, NC.

Rain was forecast for the day, so I had to do something in the short term.  A trip to Lowe's, a sheet of Plexiglass and some clear Gorilla tape had me back in business.  I traced the outline of the glass molding with a marker and scored it with my pocket knife.  I snapped it off and it fit right into the window channel. 

I told my boss that I was going to stop at Hendrick Motorsports on my way home and put in an application to be their tape man.  I drove through heavy rain Friday afternoon and my tape job did well.

My coworker was parked directly under a security camera.  The hotel security and the detective were going to review the surveillance tape.  I did receive a call from the detective and she said they were having a lot of break ins in this area.  I was surprised by the follow up.  My coworker had someone to run into his truck in this same parking lot previously.  Security cameras were able to identify the vehicle then.  Maybe they will get lucky and be able to tie the individual to these cases whenever they get caught elsewhere.  I told my wife that it seemed that I was having some trouble with rats in my truck.  I think a 110 Conibear laced with some barbed wire sitting in that console might assist with the rat problem the next time I'm in the area.

Wudman 

"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Southside

Can of bear spray with a modified trip dump trigger under the console, open it up and SURPRISE!!!.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moodnacreek

That was done to me once while hunting, left an empty gun case on the seat. They will smash windows out even if you leave the door unlocked. A 220 coni would be better.

lxskllr

Sucks you got your stuff wrecked, but that's a quality repair job. Nice work  :^)

thecfarm

I have no use for someone that steals. buck shot!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

crowhill

It's bad when they pop your vehicle open, it's bad when they pop your shop open and take a $700 chainsaw and a new $1000 mig welder still in plastic wrap. Then you learn they sold the saw for $35! But it's really bad when they pop open your house 5 times in 3 years take your prescription drugs and cash. Got a German Shepherd that kept them out of the house along with a .45 1911 and a 12 ga. shotgun. They go to court for a hand slap, they chuckle and they go out an repeat. 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Thank You Sponsors!