iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pigroast uncertainty What are your thoughts?

Started by Jeff, March 31, 2020, 09:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

I have never been able to attend and was planning to be in Denmark this year. We received notification just this afternoon that an 11 day tour in mid-August has been canceled. I might be able to make it this year,  depending upon date.

I'm with others who say wait a bit longer to make a decision. Things don't look good, but that could change in a short time. 

Stephen1

I am trying to stay positive through all this. Our world is changing by the day and sometimes what we know in the morning has changed by the evening. 
I agree wait and see. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

petefrom bearswamp

Boar or barrow?
Maybe put lipstick on this critter?
P him off enough he might run most of the way fast enough to turn into bacon.
Due to a lot of salty perspiration, smoke from his heated hooves followed by dehydration.
Back on subject, wait and see for a decision seems to me to be about right
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

charles mann

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on April 04, 2020, 11:42:47 AM
Boar or barrow?
He still has his berries. Nvr felt much like barring him. 90 days of 99% veggie fat every other month and 35% protein between veggie fat, he gained mass real fast. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

DR Buck

For us retired people, this COVID 19 crap really wouldn't have an impact once its past.  However,  for the self employed, and others that have been forced to stay home in quarantine the longer this goes on, the bigger the impact.   The other part of being out of work is the lost time.   I know from my days when I did work full time, something like this would lead corporations to cancelled vacations and such to get production and support services caught up.    It all plays into the annual bottom line.

I would expect quite a few would still make the pig roast, but I would also expect several or more of the regulars may not make it because of the financial impact of time off and/or making up lost labor time.

Definitely a tough call.         
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

nybhh

I'll just mention that postponing a decision adds more uncertainty and stress to the host while a decision now might allow them more time and resources to plan a special anniversary.   It is always easier for the guest to wait as long as possible before deciding but for a host, that is generally not the past of least resistance.
Woodmizer LT15, Kubota L3800, Stihl MS261 & 40 acres of ticks trees.

doc henderson

We had a great time last year, so much in fact that I can wait another year if needed.  We host a family reunion, and on the best years we had 200 people at our home.  It takes a week of prep full time before, although much of it needs done anyway.  I have family come and help.  but I can say if I went to all that work and only a few were able to come... it would be disappointing.  I appreciate your asking the group, but it is your decision Jeff and Tammy.  and we will all understand.  If the world is getting back to normal at that time, great!  but many will be busy getting back to normal and not able to come as well.  happy Anniversary.  and welcome to the 1950s.! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

HuskyFan1977

Jeff, I say wait a while. I think this COVID-19 will be done here in 4-6 weeks. I will certainly attend your not too far from me in SW MI!
"When we fail, all is not lost, as we learned something we wouldn't otherwise know!!!"
"Tis' Better to try and fail, then to never try at all!!!"

Quotes by me

hacknchop

Don't worry about letting us down it is disappointing sure but not your fault you didn't cause this virus but you have continued to provide a great forum , which is helping us all keep in touch. Your decision i am sure will be accepted by all and we all know that you and Tammy have plenty of more important things on your minds.
Often wrong never indoubt

jb616

@Jeff has there been a final decision on the pig roast?  thanks

Jeff

You and @doc henderson both missed ot here. :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=110896.0

As it turns, out we would of had to cancel any how. We are in the midst of a horrible gypsy moth outbreak. This is the summer of caterpillar crap hell here. Much of our area has near total defoliation.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stephen1

I'm glad it's in your area, I have been through that H@#$$ about 20 years ago. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!