iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas contest #6 Seasons Greetings!

Started by Jeff, December 20, 2008, 08:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm going to let this go for another 20 minutes, then were going to draw a winner for the existing entries. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Tammy just drew a winner from our final little contest of this year. 

Onewithwood!  Your name was drawn and Tammy will be sending a package in your direction today. :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Burlkraft

Congrats OWW   8)  8)  8)

Did ya know that jelly's got a LOT of sugar in it  ???  ???  ???

Could tack on anudder couple a pounds  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Jelly gets a bum wrap when it comes to sugar, yes, a batch of Jelly has a lot of sugar in it, but a normal serving of Jelly is really rather low in calories. In two tablespoons, only about 35 to 50 calories. Sugar itself only has 15 calories per tsp.

Warbird

Congrats OWW!  Let us know how the jelly tastes.  We are getting into making jams/jellies and doing some canning of fish and other stuff.  It is a lot of work but sure pays off.

OneWithWood

Whooo-hooo! 8) 8)

Thank you Jeff and Tammy.  I don't care how many calories (or carbs for that matter) are in the jellies.  The jelly will get the same treatment my single malts get.  Treated with a certain reverance and every bite will be savored for its taste and the knowledge that some really cool people were involved producing the product  :)

Life is good  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tim L

Do the best you can and don't look back

WDH

Robert,

Have it shipped here as it will be too much of a temptation :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Stephen1

I missed the draw but

Merry Christmas and and a Happy New Year to all

Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

ely

i missed out too, but the point remains, merry Christmas everyone and happy new year.

Captain

Congrats to OWW for the contest victory!! May we all feel equally as lucky this Christmas Season!!

Captain, Mrs Captain, Brendan and the rest of the farm....

JV

Way to go OWW   8).  From the frozen wilds of Indiana my wife and I wish each and

everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous New Year.   ;) 
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Jeff

I hope the Jellies show up today in time for Christmas, but I imagine with the timing and the bad weather everywhere, it probably won't , but never fear, I have some here that I can eat for you until you get yours. :)

JV

A magnanimous jesture in the spirit of the holiday I'm sure appreciated by all concerned.  ;D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

OneWithWood

Jeff, i can always count on you in a pinch!  :D

Jellies did not make it today but I am sure the goods will get here.

One With Wood

OneWithWood

The box of jellies arrived yesterday  8)

All have been samples and as expected all are of excellent quality.

Many thanks, Jeff and Tammy  :)
One With Wood

WDH

DanG.  Now that they have been opened, you cannot send them to me.  I guess I will just have to come up there to sample them ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

Anytime Danny. 
Be forwarned that we only have a one bedroom house so you might want to snag a hotel room in Bloomington.
I do have about a dozen white pines scattered throughout the property so maybe you could finagle a business trip out of it  ;)  Maybe write a paper on the care and nurturing of accidental white pine generation in an uneven aged mixed hardwood stand.  Maybe bring Dodgy along as a research assistant.   :P

I suspect the jellies won't last much beyond New Year's  :D
One With Wood

WDH

Dodgy has a research assistant...........He came by today to pick up some osage bowl blanks, and he was accompanied by his assistant (and a fair Lass she was ;D).  He took his assistant for a walk in the bottomland behind my barn while I visited with a gent from Atlanta buying some walnut. 

If I come up and bring Dodgy as my research assistant, and if he brings his assistant along as well, she will be the assistant research assistant :) ;D.

OneWithWood

Quote from: WDH on December 29, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
If I come up and bring Dodgy as my research assistant, and if he brings his assistant along as well, she will be the assistant research assistant :) ;D

Somebody has to do the actual writing  :D
One With Wood

Gary_C

Quote from: OneWithWood on December 30, 2008, 09:58:31 AM

Somebody has to do the actual writing  :D

Yes and they will have to get their own coffee.   ::)   :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!