iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SAWLEX Posts and WEBCAM

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2007, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey Folks! Here we are! Our internet connection is a slow crawl but we will do the best we can.  To start here is the webcam photo set up on the giant redwood table. It is supposed to change every minute. (You will have to refresh the page)  or go to the bottom address and you can pick from the archive photos. Please excuse the test photos!

https://forestryforum.com/sawlex/

I'll try to get some photos that I take.  Videos will have to wait. S--L--O--W

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Burlkraft

Hey..Are them donuts..... ??? ??? ???

Or was they bear bait..... :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

No drawing yet! Kerris is a bit occupied yet. :)  The shootout was awesome once again.

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

Nice tent , ya should think up a way of having a Hamack in dere .... I know I would use it if dere was one ,  if I was able to make it  :-\   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

I've got the PERFECT thing for Hammock hangin. Tryin to find a way to market them, before someone steals my idea.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Still awaiting da lull to draw. Were goona try to trak em down to gitterdone. :)

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pasbuild

HEY how come wildflower is left ta guard da table, whats up with dat???????????????????
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WDH

Looks like perfect weather 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pasbuild

Anybody see Toms mill there?

Jeff

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Dey do dat good of a job on her   eh eh

As good as what we was talking 'bout . ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Pics? ???  Don't y'all know we're sufferin' here? :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

My camera battery died today. I have it recharging. Once I get enough juice in it, I'll be posting some photos. We had such a great day today visiting with Forum friends and walking the show. :)

isawlogs

Dang

They aint ....  :-\

Marcel

WDH

It would be nice to know what Forum members showed up..........We is jealous as well as curious.  I did my duty by attending a family members high school graduation, and I am sorry to be missing the action ::).

Corley5

We had a super time today also  8) 8) 8)  Perfect weather  :) :) 8) 8)  I did however leave my camera in the motel room today.  I'll have it tomorrow.  After the show on our way to the Toys R Us in Columbia we came across a very nice little antique tractor show 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Talk about icing on the cake  ;D  They even had an LT40 with a Cat to demonstrate. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Wildflower

Posted by: pasbuild
QuoteHEY how come wildflower is left ta guard da table, whats up with dat?
Hey Bob,
I was manning the booth so Jeff could get pictures for ya all.  I have a very nice day and got to visit with a lot of nice people. ;D :) :) :)
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

pasbuild

Glad ta hear ya didn't get the short end a da stick

DanG

Hey Corley5!  What ya goin' ta Toy R Us for?  Zach seemed pretty happy with that pine cone he picked up outta my yard. 8) :D

Corley5

He picked up a pointed oak stake at the show that he was and is pretty happy with.  Of course there was the rock and fan incident in the registration tent  ::) ;)

Raider Bill

Quote from: DanG on May 18, 2007, 09:30:41 PM
Pics? ???  Don't y'all know we're sufferin' here? :'(
Don't forget to get your Ice Cream pix!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

metalspinner

QuoteDon't forget to get your Ice Cream pix!

Hey!  This is a family forum. :D :D

I had a great time yesterday.  It was nice to finally meet some of you guys and put some accents with the fonts. :D  Sawlex sure is a fun place to visit.  I think my wife regrets letting me go because now all I can talk about is wanting a sawmill. 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

customsawyer

The wife and I had a great time and sure enjoyed talking with everyone I meet. Some of them were new and others were not so new. I do have to admit that Tom is pretty sharp. He said that he was a little worried about pulling that new mill behind the new excursion as it might be like the tail wagging the dog so I tried real hard to get him to let me pull it for him but he wasn't having any of that. ( He might have figured I would break down somewhere in Ga. and just have to use that mill for a while to earn enough to fix my truck and that could take several years.) :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

I forgot to add that any of you that worked on that red wood log made me jealous. ;D That thing was awsome!!!!!
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ivey

The wife, and I just got home from sawlex a little while ago. We had to stop, and feed the goats, and chickens , they missed us. ;D This was the first forestry event that we had ever been to, and I'll bet we will be going to the next one if we can. We had a good time to say the least. There were so many things that I had never seen before(I know I don't get out much). Wife(Donna) a I sure did meet alot of nice people that were from all over the place.
The fourm folks that we met are a great bunch. Most of them I felt like I already knew, because I had been reading there words on this fourm for a while. It was good to meet Mr. & Mrs. Cadenhead, Tom has been like my hero from the begining. Was glad that I was there when he first saw his new mill 8). That thing is purdy!
Jeff, it was good to meet you and Tammy you all are fine people, thank you for what you do.
  Jake, good to meet you and the wife. I'm proud of you hoss, I hope I can get where you are one day.
All the folks that I met and missed (I have a hard time remembering most times) it was good to meet you all!
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

wwsjr

Just got home from Sawlex. 8 1/2 hours from Newberry. I brought home about 600BF of pine, oak and popular sawed by the WM demo mills.  Good show. Really looking forward to the results of Shootout being published in magazine. It was great to meet and talk with all the Forum members, not sure how many were there, all should have signed the board at the booth.

Customsawyer, still need your business card with numbers or email, forgot to get it yesterday.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Tom_in_Mo.

Is everyone as tired as I am, but I really did enjoy the show.  I met members at this show that I remember ready about on the forum but now got to meet them face to face. You folks are all really good people. None of them took off the other direction when they heard I was Tom_in_Mo.  :D The show was as far different to the last one as oil and water as far as the location.  I wonder where the next one will be?  ::)Well gotta go talk to ya all later.

Corley5

We got home about 6:30 this evening.  Good to be home too  :)  We had a great time  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

We got home about the same time Greg did. They passed us in Kentucky some where. :)  I should be in picture posting mode by tomorrow. :)

KGNC

Me and my guys had a great time Saturday, saw lot's of cool stuff.
Stopped by the booth, but no one was there. Was going to stop by later but got side tracked and ran out of time.
Talked to Kerris, she seem to be the hardest working exhibitor there. The only reason I got a chance to talk to her was because someone had asked her to stop sawing so they could tape an interview nearby.

Corley5

It was somewhere between Richmond and Lexington when Dad said "Look at the size of that table"  ;D :D :D

Jeff

I wondered how you recognized us! :D ;)

Furby

I'm wondering what the folks that saw you dragging that thing around must have thought. :o :D :D :D
Probly sould have had a Peterson sign on the trailer or something.

Don K

Made it home about 5:30 today. I'm going to do a little catching up on the last few days posts, then I'm into the sack.   move_it smiley_sleeping   I'll start posting pics sometimes tomorrow.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

scsmith42

I arrived back at the farm around 7pm Saturday night.  Just couldn't wait that extra hour to get in the "group shot", but I had a fantastic time at the show and meeting a variety of FF members.  Jeff and Tammy - it was great to finally get to meet y'all in person - thanks again for the great work on the forum.

Like Ivey, I can't remember the myriad of folks names that I met; suffice to say that all were great folks.  RaiderBill - "Thanks" again!  I'll think of you every time that I visit bike week!!!

Metalspinner, if someone will kidnap ol Steve (Burlkraft) for a couple of weeks (or at least hide his wallet), maybe I can afford to buy one of this year's Christmas ornaments if you put one up for E-bay auction. 

Tom's new mill is way cool!  What an anniversary presant!  (I think that I'm gonna send the Doc down to FL to hang out with Gael for a while - maybe something will rub off on her!  :D)

I met several of the sponsors of the FF in person - all come across as very straightforward, superb folks that are quick to lend a hand or share information.  Don and Tripp Lewis were very patient in adding to my limited knowledge base about DH Kilns, and Tom from Baker is a great fellow too as are Chris and Kerris from Peterson.

I'll post some pix later this week when I get a chance to download and resize them.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Tom

Custom Sawyer kept trying to get me to let him hook his truck up to my mill. :D :D :D :D :D :D

DanG

Quote from: Tom on May 21, 2007, 11:27:20 AM
Custom Sawyer kept trying to get me to let him hook his truck up to my mill. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ya gotta watch that whippersnapper like a hawk! :D :D

ADAMINMO

I thought the show was great.We had alot of people come through our booth.I didnt get a chance to talk to alot of the FF members that came through , but the ones I did get a chance to talk to were all great.

JeffB had a hard time keeping up with his things at the show though.First he lost his camera case while he was shooting a picture of me standing under the Baker Products tent with my hands in my pockets doing nothing.I went over and picked it up and returned it to him and that was how I wound up meeting Jeff and Tammy.He probably thought I didnt notice he was takin my pic , but I was payin attention that time.

The next day Tammy came into our tent and asked if we had seen a cell phone layin around anywhere.Someone said they heard one ringing earlier,so she dialed up his number and it started ringing and there it was on the ground by the 20" planer we brought.

I guess me and Tom_in_Mo are a magnet for disappearing items.But all was found and returned without a hitch.I was glad to meet all the FF folks that came to the show and came to our booth.Hope to see you all at the piggy roast if I can make it.

TravisP

I also also had a great time at show nice to meet some of the members and pick there brains for a little if I rember half of it I will know three times as much as I did. if I can rember . smiley_whacko  Me and my Dad had a real nice talk with Tom customsawyer and DonK It was nice .Just got 362 days more to wait
Learning to saw and loving it

TravisP

Learning to saw and loving it

Tom

We know who your mean, Travis.  He's the Forum's  Donkey.   I love it.  :D

You sure have to be careful of what your initials are around this place, isn't that right DanG and DonT?

Watch that Adam fellow, Jeff.  He's got hands like a magician.  I think he and The Other Tom are a Pair....   I mean a Team.  :D

DanG

Ain't dat da truth?!  DonK brought his darlin' Bride to the Moultrie show last year.  We got to kiddin' him about his forum name, so I suggested that his wife join up with the forum name, "Jenny."  I think she smelt a rat in that woodpile, 'cause she ain't signed up yet. :-\

DonK is another one of them lucky fellas with a sweet and understanding wife.  Wait a DanG minute!  Maybe they DonT understand. ???  Maybe dat's why we're gittin' away with all this stuff.  Maybe we better shut up while we're ahead, eh?

Tom_in_Mo.

DanG we sure missed you at the show, someone mentioned that you
must have had better things to do. ;D

Jeff

Quote from: Tom_in_Mo. on May 21, 2007, 04:49:08 PM

I DonT care who ya R, that thar was funny! :D  :D

metalspinner

yeah...
That reminds me, how was that wedding anyway? :)

thurlow

We really need an update;  giving the bride away?  Best man?  Shotgun toter?  PREforming the ceremony?  Chief toastmaster at the reception?  Inquiring minds want to know.   :)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

WDH

How many women are you going to marry off anyway, DanG?

isawlogs

I want to know if there was any velcro put to that 2500$ dress . ??? ;D

Marcel

sandmar

DanG guys! this is the slowest picture posting in the history of the Forum!  ::)
Sandmar

Jeff

Sorry Sandmar, I'll make it up as soon as I can, I promise. I got backed up on all kinds of stuff while I was gone and have been busy all day in and out of the house.  :)  Now sumpthin else has come up. The Pistons game is on. ;)

Tom

The grader is in action

The have to be long enough

Too much wane?

Blue Ox and a trailer we all would like to have.

A saw head  on a feller/buncher

Nestlrite (Kevin) of Log Rite fame chauffered me around some. 

The firewood guys borrowed a logrite
tool to make their job easier doable.

Lucas sawing up Oak under the Bailey Tent.

Morbark's debarker

Morbark  had a tub grinder there too.

A remote control stump grinder was chasing us around. :D

Tamiam greets Corley5 and his father
at the Neutzel tent.  Log Arches were
used with winches in the background.

I wanted to show the double edged blade
but it didn't show too good.  That's the
Select Saw 
fellow in the background.
A little log splitter from Super Split

The Sawmill and Woodlot Booth
across the aisle from the table.

Visitors at the table.  This father
read the sign to his son and was
really trying to keep him interested
in the table. 

Heck no it's not Bethoven.
It's ZZTOP!!

DanG

Quote from: Tom_in_Mo. on May 21, 2007, 04:49:08 PM

Tom, you gained a lot of "political capital" at that show.  Don't spend it all in one place. ;D :D :D

For the rest of ya that weren't paying attention ::), I missed Sawlex because my Stepson got married Saturday. >:(  They had picked that day long before the Sawlex date was announced, so I can't really put the blame on them.  It was all Ted Hugger's fault!  Linda knew how bad I wanted to be at Sawlex, and told me I could go there and skip the wedding.  What does she think?  This is my first rodeo? ??? ::)  I fell off a turnip truck, but it wasn't yesterday!  I didn't have any official duties to perform, but I wasn't entirely useless.  The Groom's daddy had 4 girlfriends show up, each thinkin' they was supposed ta be his date. :o  The least I could do for the pore sod was to keep his ex-wife away from him. :D :D :D

Marcel, the dress was purty, even though it was formed kinda strangely in the front part.  I ain't sure if it was the same dress, or what alterations might have been made to it.  I figger it had more mods than Bibbyman's mill.

WDH

My familial duties kept me away from Sawlex too, and even though I am a relative newcomer to the Forum, I feel that I missed a real opportunity to meet and talk with Forum members.  It is my loss ::).

Don K

Danny, I thought you as the state park I stayed at had a lot of blackjack oak trees and it was neat to see the sun leaves on the hilltops and the shade leaves in the bottoms. Thanks for the info that let me pick up on that. I used to think it was two different kinds of trees. :D :D :D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

WDH

Wow Don,  I am so disadvantaged to have missed such a fine time.  I thought that I saw your visage in some of the early pics posted in the Forestry Forum Tent.  Was that you?

Don K

Might have been. I was all over the place. I'm sure my mug might pop up as I know there are more pics to be posted. I got a few myself to do, the three of Tom is just the beginning. I'm on vac. so I'm working myself to death. :D :D ;D

Jeff

Some Friendly Familiar Forum Faces we Saw Strolling at Sawlex.

I'm sorry, but she just don't look like a blue ox to me...  ;)

Custom Sawyer, Dianna Bunting from Wood-Mizer and Mrs. Custom Sawyer.

Hey! There's Clyde from Baker Products!

Caught in the headlights? :D

Our favorite Logrite couple. Tamiam and Kevy. ;D

Mrs. Custom Sawyer (Lorraine)  and our resident Don K.

A pair of Tammys

Raider Bill

Tom Stout (aka Tom_in_Mo.) from Baker spots me taking his photo.

Mr. Tom, just arriving for the show.

Jeff

Custom Sawyer asking for help from Ivy to find his Horse.

Teen Sawyer, Dave Mann of Wood-Mizer and TN_man

Hey! Thats wildflower with the Mark7!

Hey! Thats me with the Mark7  :)

blueox

Hi All,

It was nice to meet so many forum members that I've not met before. Thanks for stopping in to say hello!!

We just pulled back into VT last night...ughhh (Monday Night at 8 pm) just in time for the Bachelor! (I'm a sucker for reality TV !) It sure is nice to sleep in my own bed!

Laurel ;D

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Jeff

Laurel, I sure wanted to take a try at picking up my Forum hat and hanging it on a log bunk on the blue ox but never mustered up the courage to ask to try. I used to be able to pick chains and put them over a load but that was in the days before the knuckle booms had wobble sticks. I've always run the old straight valve body controls.

Video clip of the Blue Ox in action at Sawlex!

customsawyer

If I could talk those folks into putting a saddle up there in the drivers seat I would have to get one then. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

Careful, cause I bet they can. :D

Gary_C

Any pictures of what went on during the "in-woods demonstrations?"
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

RMay

I had a great time and enjoyed taking with everyone got some pictures of the Shootout before I used up the memory card . ;D

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jeff

Hey, I just stole a good idea! ;D   Lets play find the logrite tools in RMays Pictures. :D  :)  8)

Jeff

Jeff

WDH

The pics are rolling in now :D.  Keep um coming.  I never thought some of y'all was so pretty and some of y'all was so ugly aesthetically impaired ;D.

metalspinner

QuoteLets play find the logrite tools in RMays Pictures

I counted nine.

RMay

this is the only antique wooden can-hook I saw at the show ;D

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jeff

There was some heavy stuff at the show as well. Morbark, Tigercat, Valmet and others brought a lot of dollars to the show. :)

Jeff

Chet sent me a message remarking about the lack of crowds in the photos. Actually, there were quite a few people there, but the area was so spread out that the people were dispersed. also, in my photos, as you can tell from the long shadow in this one, many were taken early in the morning before people started showing up. That was the best time for me to get out and around and get some shots without bodies in front of me. ;)

Jeff

There was some Big Toys there! THey sure fed those multures a bunch of what looked to be perfectly good sawlogs. Mixed with a generous helping of stump hors d'oeuvres.  :)

Don K

Here are some of my equipment photos for you guys that like to pump iron.

This monster ate some logs. Called The Beast.

The landowner should be proud of this place when they got through. He wanted all the cedar left and they even mulched all the tops. Looked like a park.

Just two of the machines Tigercat had to offer.

It was a great show.  Don

Jeff

I just found a really cool function that I never knew existed in my photo shop cs program. I can point it at a directory, give it a few defined variables, and turn it lose. It automatically opens and optimizes photos, makes the thumbnails and creates the web pages for a web slide show. I thought I would give it a great big test by pointing it at my sawlex2007 photos. In just about 4 minutes it had created a photo gallery out of well over 200 photos and created 714 files.

Anyhow, if you would like to see all of the photos Tammy and I took while we were gone including a whole bunch of "through the windshield" shots, here it is...

Tammy and Jeff's SAWLEX 2007 photo gallery :)

Let me know how it works on the slower connections... :)

Furby

Don't know what to think about this one, don't really want to know what's going on either. :-X :o

Jeff

I forgot that was in there... :-\ :D

pigman

Works good on my slow dialup. 8)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Wow, what an incredible slide show....... 

Patty

That is real pretty country down there. I love the hills.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!