iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And so it begins . .

Started by jasonwarford, October 07, 2020, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonwarford

When I ordered it the site said back ordered by about 4 weeks.

Pleasantly surprised to receive a call (roughly 9 days after ordering) from the freight company to schedule delivery.

Woodland Mills HM 126 w/14hp
Extra section of track
Pack of blades

WV Sawmiller

Try crack cocaine instead - its less addictive. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations, I hope you like being tired. :D  🛏
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

goose63

You will like that 126 I've had mine 7 years now DanG good little mill 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

jasonwarford

Really looking forward to getting it put together and getting to sawing.

Have a lot to learn, watched darn near every YouTube video about this mill and a ton about sawing/timber framing in general.

Thank you all. Pretty welcoming place for n00bs as far as I can tell. 

Durf700

Nice!  you will love it!  post some pics of your progress with assembly!

trimguy

Congratulations. Go ahead and pack up the stuff for your hobbies and welcome.

Nebraska

Best of luck on  the journey....post pictures of your progress.

thecfarm

Missed your first post in the timber frame section, but want to welcome you to the forum. Like that avatar!!!
Get yourself a Logrite cantdog or peavey to help turn those logs on that new mill!!! Sponsor on the left, nice people.  logrite_cool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

frazman

Enjoy your mill and take your time with assembly. Do it right the first time. I have the same model purchased last year and have no regrets.

samandothers

Quote from: frazman on October 08, 2020, 06:49:45 AM
 I have the same model purchased last year and have no regrets.
Jason, I know this is what you like to hear!  I hope you get it assembled and a chance to make some sawdust soon!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, jasonwarford!

Even though it gets tiring, you'll enjoy sawing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crossroads

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Southside

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.  May as well get it assembled, put a band on it, and run the band right into a back stop, full speed ahead.  Get it out of the way so you can focus on sawing wood rather worrying about doing that.   :D

Just remember, there are two types of sawyers - those who try to cut pieces off their mill off using the saw head, and those who lie about never having done so.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!