iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Xtorque no torque

Started by Firewoodjoe, March 10, 2021, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Ok. I have lots of 371s 372s and 1 2014 372xt and 1 now smashed 2019 372xt. I know how these saws run. But this 2014 is a pig always has been. I bought a few in 2019 and finally ran one (that a smashed) and discovered it ran way better than the 2014. Now since I smashed the one 2019 I'm fixing all my old saws. What should I do with this 2014. Runs good sounds good. I added a port on the muffler to open it a little and it's just a pig. Good for triming but not a log saw. Before I pull it apart and put the 2019 top end in it is there anything I should try first? I'm going to check compression but it feels like the rest already. What's your thoughts?

ehp

to lean on high speed jet , the saw will sound good but make no power and the coil limiter will make you think its not so lean, turn high speed jet out abit and try it and remember the jets on that carb can be adjusted very easy if your hitting the limiter on the jets , the outer ring pushes in and with the ring pushed in you can adjust the jet to where you want and then the right will pop back out 

Firewoodjoe

Yeah I've tried it farther both ways. But I will set it fat and cut and lean it out every few cuts. The plug is not white. And it's ran lots of gas. Been a "skidder" saw for two years. You'd think it would have blown up by now if to lean. 

ehp

then you got something wrong , one thing I found in the earlier X torque was I had trouble with the fuel line , first it was pretty long so the filter could flip over and pinch the line off , next it would wear a hole in the fuel line where it comes out of the tank so I would pull line off carb and easily pull up on line to where you can tell the line was sitting in the tank as there is always a mark on the line , cut it off there and put back on carb , there is enough line in tank to do that 2 or 3 times . If its leaning out then you most likely got a air leak 

Spike60

Instead of moving the 2019 top end, try moving the carb and/or coil over if they survived. Not sure about the carb, but the coils are definitely different and the latest XT coil makes any of those saws run a little crisper.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Firewoodjoe

Well a fattened it up until she smoked like a diesel then leaned it out making multiple cuts. It runs good and to most people it's prolly not noticeable but compared to my others it doesn't have the torque to maintain the top end speed in the cut. I put a 8 pin on just to see and it still handled it. But then went right to my 371 I've been cutting hardmaple log trees with of which has the same 20" bar chain and already had a 8 pin sprocket and it's noticeable. The xtorque sounds impressive at idle but the 371 has the impressive sound and cut at top end. I'm going to run it this week then try the coil just out of curiosity.  I also know these xtorques aren't a high winding saw either. But the 2019 was a nice running saw. I have a few 2020s now but I'm going to just look at them for awhile😁

Firewoodjoe

Does anyone know if the later xt had fuel air changes vs the early xt's? I'm going to cut the dividers out after a few more weeks. 

Tacotodd

My 2011 365 that I put 372 transfer caps on has the carb dividers just like my 2018 372 does. I hope that answers your question.
Trying harder everyday.

Firewoodjoe

I mean any updates in design. Size/flow. Maybe the earlier ones don't get as much fuel as the newer ones. Just trying to think why I like the 2019 vs the 2014. Just thinking to much🤷🏼‍♂️

5000+

Maybe weak saw somehow has a 365 cylinder with the transfer cover restrictors

Thank You Sponsors!