iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsereds 70E rescued!

Started by HolmenTree, June 24, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolmenTree

Winters just around the corner here and just finishing up organizing and putting things away.
Well I picked up the old garbage dump find Jonsereds 70E  and sprayed some solvent down the carburetor venturi and then cranked her over to spread it through its P/C. Well I got a shock of a surprise when it fired right up.......I guess it'll be an earlier restoration then I anticipated :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

sablatnic

Sounds as if you have ignition and compression. Just a weekend project!   ;)

JohnG28

Nice! Every now and again things just work out!  ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

HolmenTree

Its got lots of compression, probably why it fired up so easily on the solvent. I was just surprised it had spark seeing the track record these old saws had and 36 years later.
Funny how something can be so worthless to someone to just throw it away when it only needs a little work.
I wonder if our sponsor CHAINSAWR has a air filter , filter top cover and a chain brake lever for it?

HolmenTree

Thanks John , I'll check it out.

John Mc

The widow of an older friend of mine had a 70E that her husband used before he died. Looked nice, but wouldn't start when I put in fresh gas and cranked it over a few times.

I actually bought an old Husky 51 from her for a friend -- it ran great. It was when I was buying this a few years ago that I saw the 70E. I did not have any tools with me, and am far from a chainsaw mastermind, so I have no idea what the problem was.

If you are interested, I can see if she still has it. Not sure if it's repairable or just a parts saw. Just let me know.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

HolmenTree

Thanks for the offer John. I do know of several in my region here, but appears searching on google there's still lots of these 70E parts available.
Easier for me to get parts here in Canada then all the hassle getting things shipped across the border from the U.S. with customs and all.

Thank You Sponsors!