iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer LT10 - Will this carport work? Few Questions....

Started by Schramm, February 14, 2013, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Knee-high height is just about right.  Higher, and it is a chore to turn the really big logs that you will invariably put on the mill  :).  Lower, and it is harder to offbear.  However, you will need to construct a log deck to put the logs on so that you can roll them on the mill.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I don't really have to many flat places of any size behind the house. And what is kinda flat is like a shallow pond for a few weeks each spring. I bought in 2-3 loads of gravel,I think 18 yard dump. I raised a place up about 1½ feet to keep me out of the mud and water. I try to not shovel all the way down to the gravel when I clean. Works good I think. I have a nice place to sticker a few piles and I can saw right after a hard rain too. I keep 2 logs that have been sawed flat on one side to put my logs onto and than I just roll them onto the mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Two big logs sawed flat on one side would make a very nice log deck!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!