iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New green shop

Started by cypresskayaksllc, November 20, 2011, 09:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Looking good keep up the good work.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

redbeard

The joist look like full dimension. Gonna be a solid floor. Great job
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

No fair, you had help.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ForestMan

Your project is looking really good, coming along well.
There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

cypresskayaksllc

My helpers get distracted easily. Theyd rather be huntin. (Thats one of many dead rats my dogs have been getting since I tore down the shop)

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Lambee10

that dog is proud of that thing. you could almost mount it! :D :D

All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

WDH

I think that your partner is enjoying the project as much as you are!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cypresskayaksllc

My other partner. They dont point at rats though

WDH

You could not ask for better partners!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cypresskayaksllc

Finished the flooring and put some posts up. I ran out of lumber so I had to go cut some more. Got a gnarly pine. First one Ive cut like it. Although I havent been cutting for very long.

customsawyer

I bet you had some sap on your blade from that log.  ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

And in your hair, eyes, nose, ears, clothes, feet, hands.................... :D.

cypresskayaksllc

TimGA

Boy are you going to be happy, great progress looks great !! I can smell the wood from here.  Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

beenthere

That popped up in a hurry. Looking good.
Thanks for the pic.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cypresskayaksllc

Not one piece of wood in this building has traveled more than 500yds from stump to building. All on about 10 gallons of diesel and a pint of ATF.

jueston

its really coming togather now, lookin' good.

Slingshot

Gotta say it's looking a right smart better than the ole dirt floor
barn. But you better stop up all them rat holes. :)

Magicman

This is shaping up to be a good entry for the 2013 WM Personal Best Contest.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ljmathias

Fantastic progress and a beautiful building- wish I could get things done that fast!   :D

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Stephen1

Quote from: ljmathias on December 10, 2011, 07:28:56 AM
Fantastic progress and a beautiful building- wish I could get things done that fast!   :D

Lj
Your not the only one, I`m thinking he has a crew of guys he is hiding on us, or way more daylight than we have in the north here. I do know it is faster working when it`s
+20 versus -20... :D
Looking great though
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

cypresskayaksllc

More progress. The project is almost complete. Im building the doors this weekend. Two 36" doors in front and one in the back. After that its just small jobs. Ive used mostly green lumber right off the mill for this project. But some of the lumber was dry. One lesson stands out the most for me. Dry lumber is a lot lighter than green lumber. Especially if you have to hold it up level by yourself. You dont need spinach to have popeye forearms. Green lumber will give them to you also.  Heres a current picture.

isawlogs

Are you in for a teat working out of that versus the drirt floor .    8)

That looks to be one fine building you have there.  :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

jimdad07

I just read through this thread, what a great project.  Very well done.  The OP reminds me of myself, I start my new shop in the spring after I do some heavy milling all winter.  Great work and I look forward to seeing the interior.
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

WDH

Looking great!  You have done a fine job.

Thank You Sponsors!