iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member, new to me LM2000

Started by thechknhwk, May 30, 2011, 03:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

mikeb1079
Not for those who have posted over 70,000 pics in the gallery. I don't think we are doing anything extra special. Get yourself some java uploader and join in. We like pics. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

5quarter

Beenthere,

give me a break...sure it may be nothing special once you're set up and have done it a few times, but for some of us who put in hard days and are only on for an hour or so after everyone else has gone to bed are just too tired to set it all up. some just plain  don't know how to do it. And if it were so easy, Jeff and Co. would not have had to repeatedly assist people, write tutorials on how to do it and have to endlessly explain them. It is difficult and/or onerous for some people. There are several long timers here that still can't post a picture. Maybe a few here are too lazy to do it, but many just have a hard time with it, for one reason or another. ;) ;)

Having said all that, Jeff and the other Admins were very prudent and savvy for setting up the picture posting the way it is...for reasons already mentioned, but also as demonstrable commitment to the site. Its one of the ways that helps keep the forum a community of people and not just user names. I appreciate Jeffs very personal and active management of the site, and the pic posting format really ensures that that people who post here really really want to. At some point, I too will be saying how easy it is...but not tonight.

What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

paul case

i dont think you can measure the difficulty of uploading pictures by how much help there is.

i had to have my tech savy wife to figure it out and show me how to upload and it isnt hard after you have done it once.

jeff is a good administrator and does a good job of monitoring content to keep this a family friendly forum. if it werent for him this might not be such an enjoyable place to be.

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Shotgun

Quote from: paul case on June 02, 2011, 01:15:00 PM...

jeff is a good administrator and does a good job of monitoring content to keep this a family friendly forum. if it werent for him this might not be such an enjoyable place to be.

pc

I certainly agree, but with with a slight qualification. Jeff is an excellent administrator. If it weren't for him, this place wouldn't exist at all. And to this, I add, "!!!".  There's none other like it.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

Of all of the forums that I visit, this is absolutely the best administrated of all.  No question.

It's sad that the OP saw differently.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!