iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got some wood hauled today

Started by jwilly3879, February 03, 2014, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

Truckers finally arrived!

8 1/2 cord popple gone, 14 cords pine pulp gone, 7 cords firewood gone and this load of pine logs gone!

My Grandson cut this load in about 2 1/2 hours and his Dad skidded them. Unfortunately for the header man it was a short skid so I stayed pretty busy.

Still have 14 cords of hemlock pulp, 20 cord of pine pulp and 7 more cords of firewood to be hauled. Hope the trucks have no more problems.

clww

Glad to see the trucks have started hauling. Can't make any money with those logs still on the landing.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

jwilly3879

Broken trucks can put a dent in the income, ours and the trucker's. The truck hauling logs has been having electrical gremlins, circuit breakers for the ECU trip intermittently and the truck dies. He is getting to the point of jumping the breaker and see what starts smoking.

plasticweld

I went through the same thing this week, I took this picture Sunday afternoon. truck broke down Thursday by Saturday at the end of the day I was out of room to stack any more logs. I did not want to work this Sunday but if I didn't there would be no room to work on Monday. Two loads to mill before watching the Super Bowl, may I should have hauled a third instead of watching the game

jwilly3879

I took my Code Officer training at the Fire Academy in Montour Falls back in 2000 and got to drive around the area, also visited my daughter in Ithaca. Nice country.

I wish my Barko looked like yours, its an old (1972 vintage) 160 4 stick with the crooked boom. Its not very fast but it sure beats having a big beaver pile on the header. The landowners like the neat stacks we make.

Maine logger88

Nice looking load! about how many feet is that?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

jwilly3879

I'll know for sure on Friday when I pick up the check but it should scale right around 4000bf, maybe a little more, there aren't many small logs.

This load last summer was 4295 bf and the logs were smaller.

Kemper

Looks like you have 160a I have a 160b, it's a very dependable knuckle boom. It has the 5.9 cummins in it. Works well with my CSI Bucksaw.

Quote from: plasticweld on February 03, 2014, 09:09:17 PM

I went through the same thing this week, I took this picture Sunday afternoon. truck broke down Thursday by Saturday at the end of the day I was out of room to stack any more logs. I did not want to work this Sunday but if I didn't there would be no room to work on Monday. Two loads to mill before watching the Super Bowl, may I should have hauled a third instead of watching the game

Autocar

Nice loads of logs always fun to see how the other guys are doing it.
Bill

jwilly3879

It's nice when he only has 10 miles to the mill.

plasticweld

Quote from: Kemper on February 04, 2014, 08:53:33 AM
Looks like you have 160a I have a 160b, it's a very dependable knuckle boom. It has the 5.9 cummins in it. Works well with my CSI Bucksaw.

Quote from: plasticweld on February 03, 2014, 09:09:17 PM

I also have a CSI but no room on the landing to put it. Mine is powered by a 353 turbo which seems to have plenty of power. I go from the log truck to the landing loader and it always take me  few minutes to stop trying to push the landing loader levers sideways to make it work and use the other two levers. I do fine when I stick with one or the other this switching back and forth always takes a few minutes to remember

nedly05

Where are you sending your wood Jwilly? What do you have to pay for trucking? Keep posting the pics, I really enjoy them!!

jwilly3879

The pine logs go to a local mill in Chestertown NY, rather not say what hauling costs, the trucker hauls for other people and everyone has their own deals, but it is very reasonable.

The load we sent this week I estimated at 4000bf and I picked up the scale slip today and it was 3960bf.

nedly05

Understood jwilly, I'm just trying to determine whether or not adding a log truck would be a good move. Either a tri/pup or a tractor trailer. Seems like guys are always looking to get wood moved.keep the pics coming!!!

Thank You Sponsors!