iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade water dispenser LT-10 ? How to?

Started by OffGrid973, August 25, 2015, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

Hi Forum,

Had the WM valve snap off today in the middle of some fresh cut white oak.  Ran to Home Depot and $24 later I have a hose valve and adjustable cupling that shrinks to the standard clear hose size.  I am a few years in and plenty of board feet so wondering what people have created to hold 3 or 5 gallons?

Thank you for the replies with pics, will help a ton !!!
-Chris
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Ljohnsaw

I picked up several 5 gallon square jugs from a car wash for free.  They have a 2" screw cap that has a punch out threaded section.  I screwed a piece of regular 1/2" sprinkler riser (the semi-soft black plastic things) and a piece of flexible hose jamb fit inside it.  It also has a little screw cap on the vent.  I had some 2" angle stock made from galvanized sheet metal that I used to support the tank.  Here is an old picture of the tank up on my homemade mill.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

OffGrid973

Nice and you have space on top to hold it.  I am nervous with the WM as my water is on the side and tilting the head with too much weight.  Thx for the pic gets me thinking.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!