iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What saw do you use (for all the profellers out there)

Started by parkmark, July 23, 2008, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawTroll

Quote from: Maineloggerkid on July 24, 2008, 07:55:02 PM
Its seen a year of use, and my friend has a 460. I like it. A lot. I think the felling sights are superior, and the saw seems to fit a little better in my hands. Plus, the local dealer has better service and support for stihl saws, since the husky place burned to the ground, and he has just started to carry husqvarna saws. He has carried stihl since he opened his shop.

I just wonder who set that shop on fire....... :)

..sorry, couldn't resist........;)
Information collector.

Maineloggerkid

They left something running on lunch break, and it went up before they could catch it. Tehy worst part.... People that had their saws in there never got refunded the money.  My freind has the only saw that made it throught the fire. A 372xp still in the box and it never burned for some reason. IT has one scorch mark right above the air filter.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

zackman1801

its cause its protected by magic like all other husqvarna saws.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

John Mc

Quote from: zackman1801 on September 07, 2008, 08:37:25 PM
its cause its protected by magic like all other husqvarna saws.

Yes, instead of Leprechauns, in Sweden they have Tomtens. Like leprechauns, they can be mischievous at times, but if you treat them right, they can be very helpful. I can only assume that Husqvarna has a strong policy of treating the Tomtens right. In exchange, the Tomtens must watch out for the Husky saws.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Maineloggerkid

JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

timberfaller390

Quote from: John Mc on September 07, 2008, 09:21:17 PM
Yes, instead of Leprechauns, in Sweden they have Tomtens.
Is that anything like a Tommy Knocker?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

John Mc

My impression is, they are more like a living "lawn gnome" (the little statues you see in some suburban yards) than a Tommy Knocker.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

zackman1801

i guess ill add my new saw on here, i now also use a Stihl 460 along with the husky 365. great deal on the 460, cant beat 250 bucks for a lightly used saw!
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Dan_F

Out here in the Redwoods I'd say I use an 88 with 42 inch bar just about everyday. I usually do not even fall a tree with less than a 66 with 36 inch bar or 44 with 28 inch bar. My altime favorite is a 2101 I have its as old as I am runs the best of them all. I slso like the 288 and 575's I find arent too bad... I have 3. 24,28,32'' bars.
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

John Mc

Quote from: Dan_F on September 19, 2008, 12:37:30 AM
Out here in the Redwoods I'd say I use an 88 with 42 inch bar just about everyday. I usually do not even fall a tree with less than a 66 with 36 inch bar or 44 with 28 inch bar.

Around here, that's enough saw & bar to drop 2 or 3 trees at once. :D

Dan_F

Yeah the only time I fall small trees is when in up in the tops of them.  :)
2001 F-350 flatbed dump, JD 550, Kubota L48, Cat 966, Cat D7, Lucas 613, 14 husqvarnas

stumpy

I have a husky 359 and a 570.  Where can I buy non-catalytic mufflers for them?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

John Mc

Quote from: stumpy on September 20, 2008, 07:27:27 AM
I have a husky 359 and a 570.  Where can I buy non-catalytic mufflers for them?

Baileys sells one for a 359 check here: non-cat muffler for 359

I can't help with the 570. You could try gutting the inside of a catalytic one. If you do, take precautions... there is some nasty stuff that you don't want to inhale inside.

John Mc

sawguy21

The dealer in Sault St Marie Ontario may have one. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Rocky_J

I use several size saws in my work. I have chosen what I believe to be the best in each size class for my needs.
Stihl 200T
Husky 346xp
Husky 372xp
Husky 395xp (almost went with the Stihl 660)

There are several muffler threads on the forum, this is not one of them.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!