iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She's back!!!

Started by thecfarm, May 19, 2011, 10:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The wife is.  ;D She had major surgery done in early March. Had the Achilles heel tendon moved to clean up a big bone spur. She has been down since than. In bed for 2 straight weeks and than in a walking cast. Yesterday the walking cast is gone. Still has a ways to go,no big deal. She cooked me a BIG breakfast for the first time since March. Really the first meal from start to finish. We returned the wheelchair too. She did too much a few weeks back with the garden. Caused her some pain and discomfort. Just have to keep her down or I should say not doing too much. Doctor said you can do what you want,but I was quick to say,He means not playing in the garden ALL day or mowing ALL day, Just a little at a time. She has done good. Hard to see all the work that needs to be done,both inside and out and not being able to do it. We work as a team and one player was out on the injured list. Made it real hard,but we made it. She's all ready to clean the whole house from top to bottom,plant the garden,weed her flowers,do the mowing all in one day. ::) It's good to she her up and about without a cast on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

Glad to hear she's getting better. It sounds like a painful surgery and I imagine it will take a lot of physical therapy to really recover.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tom

Gael had that done about four years ago.  Her recovery was not quite so good, but I blame the Doctor and the Therapists for trying to get her up too quickly.  They had her in bed for almost a week and then in a walking cast and then back to work inside of two weeks.  Her ankle is swollen now and hurts.  She's been putting her old cast back on just to get to work and I feel that she will have the surgery to do over again.  I'm not looking forward to it and she hasn't considered it yet.

Glad you wife is recovering and happy for you that you have such a go-getter.  Don't get in her way, you might get hurt.  :D

jim king

Be happy it was a success but as Tom said go slow and donĀ“t do it again.  It is hard to hold people back when they are used to being active.  I think men are easier to reason with than women in these situations.  Good luck.

Norm

thecfarm

That is too bad Tom. If he would of had to remove the Achilles she would of been in a hard cast and in bed all this time.  :(  She, we, was lucky he only had to cut one side or however you want to say it,and clean up the bone than reattach it.We was prepared for the 8 weeks bed time. Even bought a laptop just for her. She still needed it,no way she could of sat in a chair without her leg elevated. The Doctor had no idea how bad it was in there until he got there. Her foot-ankle area was so painful,just for the Doctor to touch it would just about jump her out of the chair. I had to help her at times and it felt so odd to be able to touch her foot without her coming out of the chair at me. At first I would not even help her until she told me that it felt so much better and did not hurt that bad. She been wearing open back shoes for more than a year, because she could not stand the pain of anything on her heal. She brought a pair of sneakers with backs on them and wore them out of the Doctors office when the air cast came off..  ;D Sure is a great feeling to see that. We use to go alot,but her heel has kept her down. She is ready to go,but knows she can not over do it. She feels so good now,she does not want to go backwards.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tom

Having seen what Gael went through, I feel sorry for her a whole bunch.  I'd be whining and whimpering all day.   :)

Roxie

What great news!   8)
Say when

Bill Gaiche

Glad to hear that the wife is doing well. Its good to see someone that has the get up and go start doing the things that makes everyone happy. I bet she is the best cook in the house.
Tom I hope yours begins to see some relief soon. bg

WDH

That is indeed good news!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Good news for you and especially her 8).  Don't let her over due it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Congrats to the wife's recovery. Anything to do with the legs and feet and hips is misery because it has to support the whole body. Not fun.

Mom's had heal trouble as well, a bone spur I believe. She had some type of laser or ultrasound to reduce it. It's done through the skin, out patient procedure, no cutting.  I don't understand it because she doesn't really know either. Anyway she had 5 or 6 treatments over a few months and she thinks it has helped some. I don't ask about it and I don't hear any complaining for awhile. Mom has small feet and a big frame so there in lies part of the trouble. As anyone knows in here, it's hard to loose weight and keep it off. She likes to walk and she tried golfing when she retired, but she never kept up with it. Dad golfs every day, even in the rain. I sometimes wonder if the pesticides have altered some of the wiring. :D ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!