iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting saw Job

Started by customdave, May 17, 2009, 11:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customdave

Fella phoned & asked me if I could saw plastic lumber on my mill, I told him it's a woodmizer it'll do anything . So he shows up with this plastic composite 2 by 6s & wants them into 2 by 3s. So I threw on the mill & made 16' 2 by 3s , he building a dek out of this stuff & wanted these ripped for the handrails , man was he happy. Worked slicker than pockets on a shirt..

Dave ;D
Love the smell of sawdust

fishpharmer

That may be the wave of the future.  I am still trying to locate one of them composite forests.  Guess folks gotta grow them artificial Christmas tree into something. :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Left Coast Chris

Hopefully the deck is the more fire retardant cement impregnated type of plastic.  Hate to see how hot the fire gets if a large plastic deck caught fire.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

ScottAR

The materials I've heard about are a mix of shredded soda bottles
and wood mashed together....  Bet it stinks a might when lit. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Kansas

Kansas State University brought down some sort of styrafoam float one time they were going to use in their swine lagoons for monitoring. There was a pvc pipe stuck in the middle of it. The blade sure makes a different sound when it hit the pvc-didn't hurt the blade any, just a totally different sound. They brought down a couple more after that.

Thank You Sponsors!