iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transfer Tanks and pumps?

Started by thenorthman, May 25, 2014, 07:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenorthman

update... some folks like updates...

finally got one going 37gal and a gpi 15gpm pump.  filling the tank took as less time the emptying one 5gal can.

I'll add a filter in a few days, probably get a meter too.  Been loaning out my backhoe so I'll need to have a rough idea of how much diesel dudes are burning.
well that didn't work

Loggermann

Good choice on the fill rite!!

bill m

I think he got a GPI pump not a Fill Rite.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

treeslayer2003

Quote from: thenorthman on July 26, 2014, 12:38:38 AM

finally got one going 37gal and a gpi 15gpm pump.  filling the tank took as less time the emptying one 5gal can.

I'll add a filter in a few days, probably get a meter too.  Been loaning out my backhoe so I'll need to have a rough idea of how much diesel dudes are burning.
you will never go back to cans

Loggermann

Quote from: bill m on July 27, 2014, 08:50:14 AM
I think he got a GPI pump not a Fill Rite.
Bill M, I could of sworn I read he bought a Fill-Rite! I feel like a dummy!! ;-) Sure won't miss those cans, no matter what pump he bought!

thenorthman

I do think the 15 gpm pump is more than a little overkill...  just about made a big freakin mess!  Had to hold her on about 1/4 throttle, still though 1 pound of nozzle for about 1 min vs 40 pounds of tank for 10 minutes... Not to mention its harder to walk off with something bolted to a truck.
well that didn't work

treeslayer2003

yea, at some stations i can pump it out faster than their pump can pump it in. i don't have a meter, i time it.
my gpi 15 will put out five gallons in 20 seconds going thru a full size filter. why are stations pumps so slow......

1270d

my 15 gpm gpi will fill a 5 gallon can in a little over a minute.   :D :D  it has pumped many many thousands of gallons though.   I think it helps the pump motor last longer if you fuel with the vehicle running.

redprospector

Quote from: thenorthman on July 26, 2014, 12:38:38 AM

I guess I'm changing the subject...but!
Loaning equipment out, especially what you make a living with, is risky at best.
How many of those guy's that have been borrowing your backhoe will be there to help you fix it, or better yet, pony up to pay for parts when it goes down.
A preacher once told me that "with ownership, comes the responsibility of upkeep". I told him that with ownership comes the privilege of saying NO, you can't borrow my stuff anymore.
I'm not picking, I just don't want you to get bit.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thenorthman

So far its only been to folks I trust, I don't plan on making a solid habit out of it, unless its to a buddy that is a better operator then me so He can make some extra coin...  Appreciate your concern, and granted I'm a bit worried about it too.

As it is the backhoe sits more then it gets used anyway, and its made clear that if they break it they buy the parts. I don't mind wrenching so much (though I am getting tired of it...)
well that didn't work

Thank You Sponsors!