iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice F90

Started by Autocar, August 09, 2010, 02:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Anyone know how the gear comes off the rotation motor ? It is held on with a nut but when I tried to unthread it it wouldn't give a inch and was afarid I would twist it off. I need to replace the seal on the motor.
Bill

treefarmer87

on my 110 the guy had to cut it off,and weld it back on. i think they are 2 different designs though
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

acl2

just a guess but did you look to see if the threads are left handed?

Autocar

I also thought about left hand threads but didn't act like it want to give. I should get started on it but its been so hot and I am waiting on bearings on the power divider on my log truck and hate to get committed on more repair before I get one project done.
Bill

aksawyer

Mine has the rotate cylinders rather than the motor.Did work on one once but the bolt had beem torched off and a diff style mount was welded on.Sorry cant help you but prentice has some pretty good illistrations online.Thats where I get most of my info on my old prentice.In fact I just took of my grapple rotate motor and replaced it with one off of Hitachi,with a PSM grapple setup.Aksawer

snowstorm

Quote from: Autocar on August 09, 2010, 02:18:07 PM
Anyone know how the gear comes off the rotation motor ? It is held on with a nut but when I tried to unthread it it wouldn't give a inch and was afarid I would twist it off. I need to replace the seal on the motor.

on my hood loader the turn motor was bolted to a gear box. that had small gear to big gear on the bearing. i would assume your f90 would be the same. dont think i have seen more than a couple f90s they didnt sell well up here.......why do you need to take the gear off??? seal come out leaking gear oil??? mine did once taped it back in

Autocar

Snowman my Prentice has a hyd. motor with the grear on the shaft of the motor,no grear box. Aksawer I use to have a 110 Prentice that had the cylinder roation ,this F90 is continuous rotation . Any loader that loads logs sure bets the old way I use to load them by rolling them up poles onto the bunks. I remember loading three logs on the bottom then two on the second layer,then just when you would get the very third layer loaded the bottom would shift and the whole dang thing would roll of and I would start all over again  :D If I had to go back to those days I would have to give it up !
Bill

snowstorm

Quote from: Autocar on August 11, 2010, 07:10:39 PM
Snowman my Prentice has a hyd. motor with the grear on the shaft of the motor,no grear box. Aksawer I use to have a 110 Prentice that had the cylinder roation ,this F90 is continuous rotation . Any loader that loads logs sure bets the old way I use to load them by rolling them up poles onto the bunks. I remember loading three logs on the bottom then two on the second layer,then just when you would get the very third layer loaded the bottom would shift and the whole dang thing would roll of and I would start all over again  :D If I had to go back to those days I would have to give it up !
its gotta have a gear box to reduce the speed of the hyr. motor just looked up a new truck mount ld. it has a gear box. call the oliver stores in framington maine 2077786595 ron the parts guy knows his stuff he mite fax the parts page to ya

treefarmer87

autocar is right the big cylinder across the a frame has a bunch of teeth on it to turn the bull gear. the f 90 is different.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Autocar

Ok today I got the drive gear off the imput shat coming out of the gear box. I pulled the seal and called the dealer here in Ohio for a new seal. He just called back and said they can't get it and Prentice dosen't make them anymore eather. So my question can anyone out there call there local logging equipment repair shop and see if anyone has a seal setting on the shelves. The number on the seal 23640 it measures 2 3/8 inches on the inside and 3 inches on the out side. Thanks Bill
Bill

treefarmer87

i googled to see if i could find anything for you... no luck :( you should be able to fond parts somewhere, my 110 hasnt been made in a long time, and i got brand new seals, and bearings. there is a dealer here in lynchburg VA, called Forestry & Construction Parts Inc. that im sure would have it and im sure they could ship it to you .
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

4genlgr

if you didn't beat the old seal up to much a good seal shop should be able to find the right one

i second the "call ron" suggestion he most likly know a replacement seal or may have one   F90's sold ok in maine but guys really liked the 120's until they started to "light " with skelton bodies and super singles on the tag axle of tiraxle trucks than they started going with the light loaders

Autocar

I called the place Treefarmer was speaking about this morning so far haven't heard back from them . While I talked with the guy they weren't having much luck. So we will see,other wise I will try and locate a seal /bearing place around home .
Bill

bushmechanic

Go to some of the seal websites such as CR or National or SKF and punch in that number and see what you come up with.I know that they usually have the dimensions of thier seals listed.

Autocar

I ended up ordering it from a Napa store , suppose to be here Tuesday sence its a holiday weekend.
Bill

mad murdock

That seal is available, SKF has it.  Applied Industrial sells the seal for 12.00, they have 136 of them in their inventory.
Good luck, NAPA should be able to come through for you as well.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Autocar

Thanks everyone  for the help !
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!