iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mary Loadin' up.

Started by Bibbyman, August 15, 2003, 05:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

(Mary picking up 500bf bundle of 4/4 walnut)
The Terex we got late in the winter really has been a workhorse around the mill. Never knew how much we needed the shooting boom. Use it all the time.

(Mary don't take directions too well.)
We didn't expect to have to load and unload tractor-trailers. One load was stacked three high. Some of the logs come in and the bunks are really high.  We put 8mbf of walnut and 500bf of red oak on this load.

(Mary kickin' up the dust.)  8)
We've not had rain in over 40 days and it's getting dusty. Here the powder is deeper than the tread on the Terex tires.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Percy

Heya Bibby
Im thinkin one of them type of units might be the ticket for me. Right now I have a Bobcat(743B) for log moving(too small)and an old Hyster forklift(10,000 lb) for loading lumber. It would be cool to have one do all type of machine. How much will it lift and how high? Some of my birch lifts are close to 6000lbs and would have to be lifted as high as 9 feet(second tier on a semi).If these units are capable of that, I think I will be lookin for one early next year. Is yours new, how much deneros it set you back??
Thanks for the pics.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Larry

Ok I'm jealous. :D  Loaded 500 BF of red oak early this morning.  Only difference was I had the oak in 4 separate piles behind the mill and loaded into a pickup and a trailer with my little tractor and forks.  Only took about an hour for the two of us. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Larry,  here is a link to an earlier thread I posted on the Terex.  

Terex TX51-19 Telescoping boom loader

Down it is some info on the Terex TX51-19M made for the Marines.  Basically the same model but with turbo charged engine, bigger tires, and a few other changes to get the lift capacity up a bit.

We also tried out a John Deere 3400, New Holland,  and JCB loaders.  There are links to reviews and links from them to manufacturing data.

The TX51-19 is about as small as they come.  It's rated at 5500 2' out on the forks - boom pulled back.  It'll lift to something like 19' and extend 9'.
Sawing since '94

Bigdogpc

That is one nice hunk of equipment!!!!!

AtLast

nice machine Bibby,..I am currently lookin at a WA75 Komatsu but really like the telescoping ability of yours...do the make other attachments for that unit?

ARKANSAWYER

It seems that Mary can run everything around that mill but the camera.  We see lots of photos of Mary doing what she likes to do but do not see Bibbyman doing much. ???  It is very nice of him to make sure Mary has the proper tools to do the job with ease.  But then it seems like Bibbyman likes ease. :D  :D  :D  :D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Yep,  I talks care of Mary! ;)
Sawing since '94

whitepe

Hey Arky,
You know Bibbyman is from Missouri.  
That's the place where those kids talked
everyone else into whitewashing the fence  :D

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Haytrader

ARKANSAWYER,

You are about the only one that can say them kinda things.
 ;)
Since we are talkin bout Mary. I been wonderin......does she have any idea that she gets talked about on here all the time?
Shoot, I think she may be responsible for a lot of new guys first knowledge about sawing. They tune in here and see Pro Sawyer Mary's picture and all about her equipment and how she does things. I think we should make her a write in cantidate for;

MOST INFLUENTIAL INGOGNITO RESPECTED FORESTRY FORUM MEMBER

:)  :)  :)
Haytrader

Bibbyman

I would say she's nigh-on perfect in every way - but she let the beans burn the other day.  >:(
Sawing since '94

biziedizie

Mary saws, cooks, loads trucks and does all those other things for ya Bibb. 8) You a lucky man. 8)

Steve

OneWithWood

DanG, a few burnt beans never hurt nobody.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bigdogpc

Hey Bibby...The stacks of walnut Mary was moving, were those air dried sitting out in the open or were they under a shelter that the camera didn't show?

Burnin' beans is easy!  I should know, I bloody well do it all the time!  My smarter half in over 30 years has burned brussel sprouts once and blast if I can remember her burnin' anything else!  'course she don't want nothing to do with a sawmill.  I agree with the rest of the folks, you b a lucky man!

Bibbyman

Nope and nope.  

The logs were Anchor sealed as soon as they were cut and then again every couple of days until sawn – including any area where the bark had been knocked loose.  Then the stacks were made with one layer of "sacrificial" lumber on top and the ends hit again with Anchor Seal.  We stacked the 500 bf bundles where they could get some shade and blockage by the wind but otherwise outside. The stacks were three high and as close together as reasonably possible so to provide some shade and windbreak.  The oldest bundles were maybe 8 days old when they hit the truck.  This was the third load and we've asked for feedback from the buyer and have had only complements so I assume they haven't molded or suffered any cracking.

We've also some red oak and cheery but we waited until last to saw them so they would only be a couple of days before the truck came.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Need to teach Mary to cook beans in a pressure cooker.  You can take beans from soak to done most quick in the time you can cook cornbread.  Beans from a pressure cooker are as good or better then them thats cooked 2 days in a crockpot.  Less chance of running them dry.  It did not take long to get this thread to food.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

I don't think she even has a pressure cooker.  I'll tell her.
Sawing since '94

D._Frederick

Hey Arky,
I hope that you have good life insurance for using that pressure cooker with beans, ours has warning about cooking foods that swell. They can burst the cooker, making it explode like a bomb. Are neighbor had one explode, did 20K damage to the house, luckly she had stepped out of the kitchen.

Tom

When I was a little boy, my Grandmamma was cooking chicken gizzards in a pressure cooker when we heard a loud explosion come from the kitchen.  We all ran in there to see what had happened and couldn't fiod a thing.

The next day, Grandmamma happened to look up over the stove and there, stuck to the ceiling, was a whole gizzard.  It had apparently come through the hole lin the lid of the pressure cooker and hadn't even been torn up.  It sure was stuck up there though.

Haytrader

Now Tom, do you really spect us to beleive that?
Your granny either had a pressure cooker with a big hole or her chicken was a little one....
 :D
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

Uhhhhhhhhh  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  
 ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!