iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trailer

Started by hiya, August 23, 2003, 08:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiya

I have a 5x12' trailer almost finished. Need lights jet then to mva to get title ands tags.

Well I know I'm not the smartest there is but I uploaded a pic of my trailer and I can't find it to put it here!!!!!!
Went out the lane to the pile of trees, brush, & stumps, and saw they ( the exlavating co. (spelling?) hauled in about 6 or 8 loads of logs maple, pine, birch, & some oak.Hope I get time to get some in before they grind them up.
   FDH I'm going to make a saw something like a swing blade but the blade in the horzonal position only I will put this on the other and of the bandsaw track and us it to slab wilh. I can turn the log the same as with the bandsaw. I have to get hold of a 1" die to thread the shaft for the blade. New they are $45-50. Hope I can find one I can borrow! I don't know when I'll get to it. Hope not tooooo long.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hiya

Thanks Jeff this place would come to a dead stop without you.
Since the pic was taken there are fenders and a coat of matalic blue paint.
RichardinMd.

Kevin

Quotefenders and a coat of matalic blue paint

Ok Jeff, lets see you add the fenders and blue paint.  :D

WoodChucker

QuoteOk Jeff, lets see you add the fenders and blue paint.  :D

LOL, I bet he does!  ;D
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

Hiya, Hiya.  Interesting concept ya got figgered there. I'm wondering how much rigging it will take and if you will have room on the trailer. Maybe it doesn't GO on the trailer???
  Need more info. Good to hear from ya. Glad ya got MOST of the pitchur thingy figgered out. The rest is easy.  ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

hiya

FDH
I am planning to make 2 tracks about 12' long to fit togeather when I setup. that way I can haul it on the trailer. There are a couple tree services around here I can get trees. If I leave the band mill home and take the circle to their place I can cut cants load them on the trailer and throw the slabs and sawdust in their dumpster.My one son just started for one co. about 12 miles from here.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Fla._Deadheader

Ahhhhh Yes, I knowed ya had a plan. That sounds pretty slick.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bigdogpc

Now that ya got the picture thing mostly figured out...lets see the saw!  All this talk about swingblades and such has got me thinking (a dangerous thing).

Fla._Deadheader

Bigdog, whatcha thinkin bout???  Maybe I can use some extra input???
   First, it is ridiculed;

hiya

I have to find time to work on this new mill. Just talked to my oldest son, his neighbor owns a tree service, and has been bring him several loads of wood. He said some of it is almost to nice to cut up. 20' long red oak no branches.He has to cut it up to get it out of the road.If I could ditch this day job I could realy have some fun! 8)
Richard
RichardinMd.

Thank You Sponsors!