iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magic and hunting

Started by Rancher, October 09, 2013, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancher

Magicman and his son arrived here at my place in Colorado for an elk hunt that starts this weekend. They need to get used to near 10,000 ft elevation and then have a good hunt. Until then we are having a good visit. I was scolded properly for my lack of time on the forum, all in fun. He wasn't here but just a little while before he was taking a picture to send to Jeff. I have a number of hunting buds around the country that are more like extended family. I think Lynn and Marty have joined the ranks.

Dave
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

sandhills

Thanks Dave somebodies got to keep an eye on Lynn for the rest of us, hope you all have a great time!

Jeff

QuoteHe wasn't here but just a little while before he was taking a picture to send to Jeff.

Ah man, don't tell me he saw a snake... :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rancher

No, about the only kind of snakes we find around here are the kind that walk on two feet.

Dave

beenthere

:D :D

Dave
Are you planning some snow for their elk hunt?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rancher

We are maybe supposed to get some Thursday night and Friday.  I am going to introduce him with a good friend of mine arriving today from back east Sam Mars. He hunts here every year and is one of the best people I know. He is the president of the Nat Wild Turkey Fed. I am trying to make their time here more that a hunt...a memory as well.
Dave

Rancher

MM and son headed home with grins on their faces and a bull elk in the coolers. Happy for them.

moosehunter

8) 8)
Can't wait to read the play by play!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

two-legged-sawmill

Great news Rancher, and congratulation to MM and his Son
for their Blessing! What a thrill it is for a Father & Son. You accomplished your goal, a memory that neither will forget.
That makes for life long stories.  Dan sr
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

blackfoot griz

I hope MM got some new footwear this year...I am still trying to get over the toe pictures from last year

WH_Conley

That still causes nightmares don't it?
Bill

pine

Quote from: Rancher on October 17, 2013, 01:27:14 PM
MM and son headed home with grins on their faces and a bull elk in the coolers. Happy for them.
No pictures or is that Magicmans job when he gets home?

Magicman

Yes, there will be pictures, but I have to sort things out first.  Our visit with Rancher will be here and the hunting pictures will be in the "Outdoor Activities" board.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Nice to have you back Magicman, looking forward to the stories  :)
edit: and pictures

clww

Can hardly wait! Congratulations to you and Marty! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

wwsjr

Glad to hear you and Marty had a good trip. Watching for pictures.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Bill Gaiche

Hurry up and get all that gear stored away so the show can begin. Was down your way again last Thursday on our way to Gulf Sores, Alabama. bg

Magicman

Thanks guys.  Yes, Marty and I had a very enjoyable trip.  Our first stop was to visit Forestry Forum member, Rancher (Dave).  We parked and stayed at his place that night before moving up the mountain and toward the Pike National Forest the next evening. 

Dave showed us some of his carpenter handiwork where he used blue stained lumber to panel a cabin.  Very nice.  His home faces the East so he is welcomed every morning with a Rocky Mountain Sunrise.  Dave is a photographer, extraordinaire' and his wife is the Cookie Baking Queen of the Rocky Mountains.  food6

I urged him to post some of his pictures on the "Sky scenes" thread in the Outdoor activities board. 

He has an array of collectibles such as this burl that was the size of a bowling ball.

I took this picture for Jeff.  This is Dave's version of a Pudding Stone, a large stone studded with quartz.

After we broke camp, we made another too quick visit with Dave and Carol, who had each of us a very large bag of cookies.  Half of one bag was gone when we made it home.   ;D

Thank you Rancher for your hospitality.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Did you have a chance to trade an elk for the rock? ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

:D  I would rather have some more cookies !!!!   food6

Thank You Sponsors!