iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pickup truck giveaway...

Started by timberlinetree, March 05, 2016, 07:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

While we were looking for Broncos, we came across an ad for a young family looking for a vehicle. We have a new to us truck (99 f250 with 171k) and will be retiring our well used f150. I know this is a free ride and I'm not into fee rides, but the dad does work. We are planning on (if the sap stops flowing, which looks likely) heading to VA to deliver the pickup and pickup the pickup (if that makes sense!) We hope they enjoy it and it serves them well :)

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

samandothers

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

timberlinetree

Well that didn't work out but will. His work refrances didn't add up so we thought we would try to sell the truck. It was gone in less than a day. Now we will help someone  else with a car from church. We had already planned on helping,but now it will be easier with these truck funds. Beware of Craigslist scammers!

timberlinetree

We did get Denver's bronco  8)

sandsawmill14

good for you for trying  smiley_thumbsup we got in a similar situation last summer trying to help a young guy out who had been in jail for 7 year and had been out for about a year and was only 29 years old :o he needed a job and gave us a sad story so we fronted him $500 to pay his rent and pay utilities on wed  and he started work on mon had to take off on wed to go to court and had to take off a lunch 1 day a week to check in with parole officer which i didnt like but he told me not when i hired him but when he started mon morning so i was ok with it :-\ then he faked an injury ( i know it was fake as i took him to the doc myself) then he got to hurting so bad he had to go to the er later that same night >:( called the next morning telling me he had a bruised kidney and i dont remember what all and when i made him show me the paper work 2 weeks later they found nothing it actually said "complaint: blunt force trauma to abdomen   found no damage or significant bruising fit to return to work" i still tried to let him work for another month and his biggest check was 24 hrs we work 44 in a normal week >:( he called me on wed morning wanting me to give him $20 for gas cause he didnt have enough to get to work and i told him to come get it ??? when he got there i paid him for the 16 hr he had worked and told him i didnt need him anymore >:( i still aint figured out how he had enough gas to come get money but not enough gas to get to work >:( :D :D :D but anyway i got rid of him  8) and i had rather help a 100 like him than to tell 1 that really needed and deserved the help no :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

Nice catch on the scammer.  I too am very willing to help those who help themselves.  Re-purposing the truck to another needy family was spot on.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!