iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what conveyor to get

Started by Nemologger, October 06, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemologger

I'm having a 18 20 Blockbuster built, What conveyor do you guys think I should get?  I now have a Timberwolf 24 ft. Should I have them put an attached 12 footer on the processor? Or should I go with a 20 foot detached or just use my Timberwolf on it.
I was hoping to sell the tw 5 and conveyor to help offset the cost of the Blockbuster.
Clean and Sober

shamusturbo

I would get an attached 12' and keep the timberwolf so that you could eventually add a tumbler. If you stay with it long enough, you are going to want a tumbler eventually!
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

North River Energy

Your conveyor choice should be determined in part by what plan to do with the product at the tail end of the processor.  Are you loading to a dump truck, trailer or donkey cart? Making stockpiles, or running the splits off the end of a loading dock/ sea cliff?
I can see using a short conveyor as part of the process, but would not want anything shorter than 20 as the primary/only. 
Unless, as Shamusturbo suggests, you plan on adding a tumbler right after the processor.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Nemologger

I have a old dump truck bed that I will put under the conveyor with my cat loader that way I can stockpile different lengths.  The 12 footer is 8 ft  drop
Clean and Sober

NWP

8 ft drop will be at the highest point. I'm not sure you'll like that. You never know what you may load into down the road. I would recommend at least a 20'. I have a 30' on my processor and I don't think I'd want any shorter. Maybe using the Timberwolf elevator  for a while to see how you like the 24' length would be a good idea and then either stick with that or order a blockbuster conveyor
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

millcreek40

I have a 30 on my  multitek works very well. I also had a 20 timberwolf that I just sold. It would not reach the center of my two cord truck. You always had to turn the truck around to fill the other side. If your loading a one ton the 20 is fine
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

landscraper

I have a 14' conveyor on my SC14.  It will load my single axle dump truck close to the center from the sides.  It's cleated so I can run it pretty steep.  It will reach barely over the side of one of my tandem dumps, but not two of the taller ones.  I kept the stand-alone conveyor (24 or 25' homemade) that came with my first processor, and often I use the 14' conveyor to dump into the hopper of the big conveyor and I can fill any of my trucks with that setup. 

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Thank You Sponsors!